What is Your Favorite Bad or Embarassing Car?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
If you are a real car guy, you have probably wanted a weird or odd car at one time in your life. So, what car (or cars) do you like that no "normal" person will understand?

Some of mine:

Trabant P601 (East Germany) ( I REALLY want this one!!!)

GAZ Poebeda or Volga 4x4 (Soviet Union)

Fiat 500 (Italy)

Honda Z 600 (Japan)

1953 Packard Caribbean (USA)

1951 Hudson Hornet with Twin H Power (USA)

1963 Studebaker Wagonaire-with factory Paxton supercharger (USA)

1959-1999 Mini (UK) (not really odd...)

Zaporozhetz 965 or 968 (Soviet Union)

1974 AMC Matador Coupe (USA)

1973 AMC Hornet Hatchback (USA)

Anyhow, those are some of my freakish automotive likes. What are yours?

custom442

Royal Smart Person
Jul 4, 2008
Houston
a 50's style Jitney, chop top with a tarp for a roof...like a tour bus

a Jensen Healey

and Nissan's S14a (not sure if this counts)

early 30's Willys woody (or if this one counts either)

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
'77 Plymouth Fury/Dodge Monaco (the police car in every '80's movie with the huge taillights in the bumper) but not a cop car clone, I want a civi car.

BMW Isetta- Steve Urkel drove one. A friend of the family has one with a Kawasaki Ninja motor in it... It's pretty sweet to say the least.

'62 Cadillac hearse - my best friend has the car and I'm going to buy it as soon as I have the funds. I've got some ideas swimming around for it. I'll have to scan some pics of it, it's a fun car.

That's all I can think of for now...

Side note: 85 Cutlass Brougham, a neighbor that lived around the corner from me that just passed away had two '53 Packard Carribean's, one coupe, and one convertible, and they were both beautiful.

BrownGP83

Master Mechanic
Oct 9, 2008
Chamberlain,South Dakota
Definetly A Caddy hearse :twisted: The older the better!

Regal8601

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 10, 2008
FL
1960's Amphicar

1954 Kaiser Manhattan Supercharged, or 51-53 Kaiser Golden Dragon with the bamboo roof and zebra pelt seats

1958 Edsel Pacer

1951-53 Hudson Hornet Twin H Power 4 door

1936-40 Graham Supercharged

1950's Willys Aero or Henry J

56-58 Studebaker Golden Hawk

Early 50's bathtub Nashes

There might be others but that's all I can think of right now...

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
Blake442 said:
'77 Plymouth Fury/Dodge Monaco (the police car in every '80's movie with the huge taillights in the bumper) but not a cop car clone, I want a civi car.

BMW Isetta- Steve Urkel drove one. A friend of the family has one with a Kawasaki Ninja motor in it... It's pretty sweet to say the least.

'62 Cadillac hearse - my best friend has the car and I'm going to buy it as soon as I have the funds. I've got some ideas swimming around for it. I'll have to scan some pics of it, it's a fun car.

That's all I can think of for now...

Side note: 85 Cutlass Brougham, a neighbor that lived around the corner from me that just passed away had two '53 Packard Carribean's, one coupe, and one convertible, and they were both beautiful.

I always wanted a modernized classic out of the Packard. The way those cars look can't be improved on, but the mechanicals could be. I saw one for $500 in the Bargain Trader years ago and really fell in love with it. There's just a certain amount of style and class in older cars that newer cars can never compete with. Something about a car that was styled just for the beauty of it and not to meet some government regulation that adds a purity we will never see again.

The oddest car I ever owned was a 1973 AMC Javelin AMX, 360/automatic with the "Go Pack" (stripes, cowl induction hood, posi, hd cooling, 15in rally wheels). Originally it was magenta (dark pink) with black and white interior! (What a color combo!!!) I think they look cool with the right stance, but stock they look awkward. It was too rusty for me to save, and I had to get rid of it when code enforcement forced me to....bastards! It's parts live on, and will help resurrect my AMC Spirit.

78mali350

Royal Smart Person
May 13, 2007
Pratt, KS
the two that came to mind first were the early 90's

Ford Festiva and Geo Storm haha

joe_padavano

Royal Smart Person
Sep 13, 2006
Northern VA
85 Cutlass Brougham said:
If you are a real car guy, you have probably wanted a weird or odd car at one time in your life. So, what car (or cars) do you like that no "normal" person will understand?

Some of mine:

1973 AMC Hornet Hatchback (USA)

The 74 Hornet has a spot in my heart mainly for one of the greatest movie driving stunts of all time - the barrel roll in The Man With the Golden Gun. Note that this was real, not CGI:

TMWTGG_Stunt.jpg

78mali350

Royal Smart Person
May 13, 2007
Pratt, KS
here's some pictures, the Geo Storm is a mega 1.8 liter at 140 hp haha I thought it was turboed but i think i am wrong but at 2300 lbs it would be a fast little booger

2424_0.jpg

And festiva's a BA that's about it haha

1991fordfestiva3609-396x249.jpg

midwestls

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2007
Bismarck North Dakota
78mali350 said:
here's some pictures, the Geo Storm is a mega 1.8 liter at 140 hp haha I thought it was turboed but i think i am wrong but at 2300 lbs it would be a fast little booger

2424_0.jpg

And festiva's a BA that's about it haha

1991fordfestiva3609-396x249.jpg

I actually had a black GSI Geo Storm once, for a day. The first time it hit 7000 I had rods sticking out of the pan, no good. It wasn't turbo either by the way, I think the Isuzu Impulse was though and it was the same car, with a Lotus handling package I might add. As far as my ugliest car I still want....
61 Fury!!!! Love the body lines
43083833.GBCC0501loDSCN0494copy.jpg

43083834.GBCC0501loDSCN0495copy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor