what oil are you guys using?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogsht

Royal Smart Person
Nov 11, 2008
Dayton, OH
Around here VR1 is only 4.89 quart. Royal Purple is way more. Brad Penn is also great stuff, high ZDDP for flat tappet cam engines with high performance cam & springs. Moose, If VR1 doesn't have enough ZDDP for your cam you must have a serious cam with some killer springs.

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia
Ok so I just double checked and supposedly my local autozone carries vr1 20w-50 for $4.99 a quart so that's prolly what ill end up with

MonteCarloSS

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 7, 2008
Virginia
I run Mobil One 10w30 with Lucas Engine Break-In Additive works great and is for any form of oil. Don't remember if I got it at Auto Zone or Advance auto parts

SScamino

Master Mechanic
Jun 26, 2009
fishersville, Virginia
I use the 20w-50 VR1 with a lucas oil break in addititive. Works fine for me in all months of the year and I'm in va.

RITTER

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2007
Hillsdale, MI
megaladon6 said:
And i havent found a syn with ZDDP, even in the race oils.
Synthetic VR1, Amsoil, Royal Purple, Shaeffer, Brad Penn (and I am sure there are many more) all have ZDDP in them :wink:

The synthetic VR1 is the one that is the same price as the Royal Purple

Does anybody use the Shaeffer's synthetic oils :?: They are supposed to be pretty awesome :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor