What the ell is with Rock Auto?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Does anybody remember the 70s-80s..."allow 6-8 weeks for delivery"?

Man, we have gotten spoiled,

• Haha
  • Agree
Reactions: 2 users

jiho

Royal Smart Person
Jul 26, 2013
If I wanted to order it though amazon, I would have ordered it through amazon...
Me exactly. But you have no way of knowing about this deal up front.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Does anybody remember the 70s-80s..."allow 6-8 weeks for delivery"?

Man, we have gotten spoiled,
We have gotten spoiled. But don't tell me in the first place that you'll deliver it by Monday, etc., and then not. Amazon has gotten this way over time as well. I was an Amazon "early adopter" with the Prime thing. It was, and sometimes still is, pretty great at getting my junk from them within a couple of days. But more and more they're getting just as sh*tty as the rest of them by dragging their feet getting things shipped. Sometimes up to 2 weeks. You go to order something and says "Order by ??? and get it Thursday Feburary 16th blah blah..." and then when you do, the item expected delivery date changes by a long shot. Too many "associated partner" vendors probably causing that.

Usually I don't have to have something quick, but I do get tired of the delivery date promises made, promises broken routine by almost all the vendors who gaslight the customer. Many times, though, it's not all their fault. Much of it is on USPS, FedEx, et al.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Bonnewagon

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
What annoys me the most is that for something small, like a sensor, some gaskets, spark plugs, RA used the PO and sent it First Class Mail. It was the least expensive and traveled fast. A two or three dollar shipping charge was worth not driving to some far away store that may or may not have what I need. I used it a lot. That is why I questioned RA about this and I wanted to know if it was a RA policy or some more bull from NoJoy the idiot that is knee-capping the USPS. The answer I got was pure stonewalling so I am assuming it is a RA cost saving deal that you have no clue about until you see your item languishing somewhere. I just made another order but it was some big heavy stuff. FedUp got the job and it is already on the way.

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
Definitely have seen the one with amazon prime. The perk was that 2 days to your door, ordered many things that way. Then it went to 2 days to your door, when the order is processed. They got rid of the feedback section so you can't type in feedback. When you could, if you left a negative one they would delete it and say "taken care of by amazon" or something of that nature. It's not even kinder gentler softer crap...customer sees negative feedback, they don't buy and amazon loses their cut.

Reactions: 1 user

jiho

Royal Smart Person
Jul 26, 2013
Yeah, lots of delays to get out the door lately, Ebay, Amazon, you name it. The cost cutting is either in bodies to process things, or in deals with carriers that put your box on a low priority for a place on a truck. Supposedly there's also a shortage of drivers, in part because a bunch of them flunked marijuana testing.

Reactions: 1 user

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
Here is a story that just happened to me. Went to the Autozone website looking for a part. Their website said the part was in stock at the closet Autozone to me. Drove out there, its not in stock but they can special order it and get it the next day. After a week they call up saying the order has been cancelled as the whole chain just stopped carrying that part. Doesn't matter who you go to anymore, all the auto part vendors suck *ss, and it will only get worse.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Bonnewagon

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Drove out there, its not in stock
Now THAT really sucks. It is weird that a single store among dozens has that ONE part you need. Yet, it happens way often. I needed a Jeep window regulator. A single Advance store had it, quite a ways away from me. I always call the store ahead of time and ask if they can put their hand on it before I make the drive. Amazing how often they cannot. The days of keeping at least one of everything on the shelf is long gone. I recently went looking for a Pontiac V-8 oil filter. No one had one. That is why I end up using mail order.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor