What the hell was I thinking

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
IIRC, Jags came with a TH400 (not sure of the bellhousing pattern). Consider stuffing in a big block, and you could call it the Draguar...

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Quinn,
I believe you're right, that they did come with a TH400 trans.

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
but,
wgwsj.jpg

HAFROD

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2013
Claremore, OKLAHOMA
We had a couple 60 degree days so I dove into the jaguar. Its been sitting under the car port on ramps for a couple months. Replaced every vacuum hose, every fuel injection hose and even new fuel injection hose clamps. Also changed the fuel filter, oil/filter, plugs, 02 sensor, removed and cleaned throttle body, did a smog delete, and installed a K&N style filter. So after getting it running pretty nice, it has a loud clack on the top of the engine. I had joined a Jaguar forum when I bought the car. Come to find out, this is a common occurance with the 4.2. To fix it, I have to install a "stake down kit" in the head. To make matters worse, the water pump is leaking at the weap hole underneath. So now I've learned a valuable lesson on classic imports. Won't buy another one. This 4.2 and trans will be put on craigslist and a trusty small block Chevy will go in. This Jaguar does not have a turbo 400 trans. That trans came in the V12 cars. Mine is the straight 6. All the research I've done on a v8 swap is pretty easy. Sure would like to trade it for another G body. Lol

Qdub24

Royal Smart Person
Sep 6, 2006
Columbus, GA
I watch Roadkill. I prefer the Crusher Camaro, BlaspHemi, and the Elco episodes.

Qdub24

Royal Smart Person
Sep 6, 2006
Columbus, GA
Crusher Camaro

BlaspHemi

Elco

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
The Draguar has a Gbody connection. It was previously owned by formerly active member, Ringer. He makes a brief appearance in that episode IIRC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor