What to find and Pull at Junk Yards

Status
Not open for further replies.

LSCustoms

Royal Smart Person
Jul 17, 2011
What's up, I am having a horrible week/day (last two days) with the loss of a very very close friend/brother. So just keeping my mind going. For a while I've thought about making a thread to help answer some basic questions on what to find and pull at these yards (when you don't want to pay an arm and a leg for some of this stuff). I don't mind pulling some of this stuff for you, but I wont do it for free (just make me an offer on it as far as what you are willing to pay me to do it, sometimes Ill do it for free/labor!)

Anyhow, throughout the thread, Ill be posting Videos on various items, what to pull and in some cases what not to pull, feel free to ask me to make a video on whatever it is you have a question about and i will do my best. I am usually quiet and can do a whole lot to these Gbodys, well cars in general... Just though I would help others out with some of the basics...

Video Will be uploaded shortly!

Please do not flood my thread with BS or hate mail, etc. I made this for people who want to know and don't know. Not for those who know! Make Sense? Many people have asked me questions throughout the past several months, so I figured it may be helpful to some to see a video... I have tons of videos I made recently and will try to cut through some of them and make more videos specific to sharing more information.

On a side note, I want to send out a special thanks to my big Bro Jerald (Chicken Boy) and big bro El Co (OCD) Warren, for years these guys have inspired me to keep going. They push me forward no matter how I feel. I thought I was one of the strongest people I know emotionally, but it takes having people like that in your life, when you are at your weakest. I have literally saved a lot of lives and put myself in harms way for thousands of strangers throughout my lifetime. These guys protect me and my heart, when I need it.

Thanks Bros (Love you guys).

Life is short lets play hard and right from here on out! Sorry for that rant, just had to get that off my chest...

LSCustoms

Royal Smart Person
Jul 17, 2011
I am uploading some videos now, and will edit this post with them. Ill start of with the wrong steering shaft to pull, versus a chrome one I have laying around. And the blazer spindle stuff...

so this post is to save a spot for the future, I have some videos of cleaned up parts, etc that Ill post as I go along also... to show what they can look like after a person like El Co Warren cleans them up for me and I paint them...

videos I already have:
[youtube]Vt3liswWItY[/youtube]
[youtube]XoOCboJFnxE[/youtube]

sometimes things dont come off easy at the yard and you have to improvise without compromising your part! be careful take your time, or hit me up and ill either walk you though it or try to find the part and pull it for you for a reasonable price!

and what the same ones look like after some cleaning a paint, to me, better than new!

[youtube]t0TdUKTOrA4&feature=related[/youtube]

Elky81

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 22, 2012
Surrey,British Columbia.Canada
Sorry to hear about your loss,brother........Yeah,sometimes life really deals you some shitty cards,but as you said,you need
to push on.I lost my mom May of last year and that was the biggest kick in the face for me,but i know she would want me to
push on,just as i'm sure your buddy would want you to do(even though some days it seems almost impossible).

I think the videos that you posted are a great idea and very helpful to all the members on this site!!!
I look forward to more of your posts(and videos).......take care.

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010
If it weren't for this car hobby I'd probably be crazier than I already am! Everybody endures some kind of struggle so you're not alone. I turned 37 last week and feel like I don't have a pot to piss in right now.

But anyway, I'm looking for this stuff as we speak. A local yard has a '98 & a '99 in the yard. From what I recall the LS1 F-body calipers work with this too right?

LSCustoms

Royal Smart Person
Jul 17, 2011
G-Body_Vet said:
If it weren't for this car hobby I'd probably be crazier than I already am! Everybody endures some kind of struggle so you're not alone. I turned 37 last week and feel like I don't have a pot to piss in right now.

But anyway, I'm looking for this stuff as we speak. A local yard has a '98 & a '99 in the yard. From what I recall the LS1 F-body calipers work with this too right?
the ls1 front calipers will work with the Kore3 brackets or the brackets shown on ls1tech when you use them with vette PABs, if you do this, you need to use the little "spring" for the pads that come with the ls1 pads, but the vette pab shims, ill have to make a video to explain this part of it, but the ls1 calipers will work with the vette PAbs, take a look my latest for sale thread for the front brake stuff and I think I explain this, but if i need to do a video I will

LSCustoms

Royal Smart Person
Jul 17, 2011
Elky81 said:
Sorry to hear about your loss,brother........Yeah,sometimes life really deals you some shitty cards,but as you said,you need
to push on.I lost my mom May of last year and that was the biggest kick in the face for me,but i know she would want me to
push on,just as i'm sure your buddy would want you to do(even though some days it seems almost impossible).

I think the videos that you posted are a great idea and very helpful to all the members on this site!!!
I look forward to more of your posts(and videos).......take care.
thank you!

84clonewars

G-Body Guru
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
Keep ya head up bruh, stay busy man thats what helps me out in tough times.
I love the work that you do keep it up.
PM me a quote for the front bbk kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor