What Was/Is Your First Car?

Status
Not open for further replies.

patmckinneyracing

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2009
San Antonio, TX
It was back in 2005-06 the day I got the car. Think of it this way, we were living 30-40 miles north of new orleans in mississippi. This car and I were in the eye of hurricane katrina. One of the trees in the yard got blown over and just landed parallel to the passenger side of the car and it scraped the passenger mirror. As you can see in the original photo, and me being 14 at the time, I was yelling at god "hey you missed!"

patmckinneyracing

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2009
San Antonio, TX
Yeah. I think the hurricane landed in august and I got it in may or june. I remember cause I spent the whole summer doing nothing but cleaning rust from the underside of the car.

86_olds

G-Body Guru
Jul 26, 2009
so cal
seeing what ur car was and how it is now is an inspiration to never give up i got my 86 cutlass in may, 09' and so far it only looks worst (rust) but hopefully someday in the near future ill get to look as good as ur malibu does

patmckinneyracing

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2009
San Antonio, TX
Thanks man. It just takes time and patience, along with a couple grand to start but mainly just time and patience. Hell if you've seen pics of my dad's dodge dart, his is probably more inspiration than my malibu. It was a 20 year, 3 ex-wives, 4 kids restoration, which is a helluva lot more BS than what I've been through.

86_olds

G-Body Guru
Jul 26, 2009
so cal
ill take a look at it .. yea my car has stock 307 that were most of my money has gone to just rebuilt the carb and maintenance work and i think its running pretty smoth now .. ama take a look at dodge build

86_olds

G-Body Guru
Jul 26, 2009
so cal
kris_tol said:
ill take a look at it .. yea my car has stock 307 that were most of my money has gone to just rebuilt the carb and maintenance work and i think its running pretty smoth now .. ama take a look at dodge build
do u have a direct link to the build cuz i went thru ur profile and couldnt find any on the gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor