What Was/Is Your First Car?

Status
Not open for further replies.

supkylesup

Master Mechanic
Mar 7, 2010
Toledo, OH
Figured this would be a fun thread.
Just wondering what was everyone's first car?
Pictures would be cool too use google if you have to.
Also, you could include how much you paid for it if you want.
Lets see where it goes.
Heres mine bought 3 months ago.
SDC10208.jpg

LGhost

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 18, 2010
DSCN0371.jpg

Mine started out looking like this. But then as time went on so did replacement body parts. Before I got rid of it, it had a black front bumper, purple nose, white hood, white left fender, green right fender. Pitch black tints...The paint on the roof was faded off so I spray painted my name with some gang stuff in case I got in a car chase.... Torque in it would shock the hell out of you as well as the acceleration, the guy I got it from adjusted something. I floored it every day, beat most in that class without a turbo. Nothing but love for that car

21271810122_large.jpg

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
My '87 was my first car. Well, technically I got my license in December and was driving the family '78 station wagon until March when I bought my '87.

This is pretty much what it looked like when I bought it except for the tinted windows and the cowl hood:

andrewscutlass2.jpg

Think I paid around $4500 for it. Had 69,000 miles on it and would have been 7 years old at the time.

G_Body_Enthusiast

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Feb 28, 2005
Louisville, kentucky
86 parisienne. i loved that car. damn idiot on his way to hooters to drink beer failed to yield right of way to me, car died on scene. i bought my 85 GP with the money his insurance gave me for my parisienne. i'm still angry about losing that car.

redneckracer305

Greasemonkey
Jun 28, 2005
new milford,ct
these are practically the only pictures of my first car, that i have. i paid 1700 bucks for it, the doors were rotted, one area behind the door on the quarter was rotted, the 305 was whooped as was the 200c. it blew a brake line one day, and for some reasonn i got this crazy idea to tear it completly down and "restore it". all it needed was a brake line and id probably still own it. i was 17 at the time and got more interested in hangin out with friends and chasin girls than i did the car and it sat. my brother was around 15 and i owed him a bunch of money cause he was helpiinng to support my bad habits of going out all the time. i felt bad, i knew if anyonne was gonnna have the determination to put it back together it would be him, he had never been into cars like me, but suddenly when he got into the tech high school i was in (he originally went there to be a in culinary) he got into auto body, got a job at resto shop and suddenly his older brother who was always raggin onn him was gettin out done by little brothers skills, so i said hey take it make it right, just dont ever wreck it and dont be suprised if i plunk down money to buy it back one day. its been a big part of my family since the day it rolled in the drive way, i originally wnated a 68-69 elky i found locally for a little more than what i paid for this one, but my mother figured its whooped 350 would have to much power (even thoough i was payin for it) and she found me this one, i was hestitant at first but i fell in love with it real quick. sorry for the long post but this car meant and still means alot to me. the first to pics are from when i bought it the last 2 are from a year ago, and its still getting better every day, we are pulling a 350 out of a suburban on saturday for it.
myolelky1.jpg

myolelky2.jpg

davidselky1.jpg

DSCN0417.jpg

RegalBegal

G-Body Guru
Jul 10, 2009
Goldsboro, NC
My first car was a 73 AMC Gremlin. Got it for $75. It was orange with a Levi (denim) interior, straight six and a three speed on the floor. Not exactly a screamer but I wish I had it today. Could have been a nice street car. Hmmmmm, Chevy 383 stroker, T56........... :mrgreen:

chevyman454

Greasemonkey
May 20, 2010
Citrus springs . FL
sorry i have no pics of any of my older cars but here goes

1 83 ply horizon (weGO had 15 ppl it it!!!!!)
2 79 buick regal 231 (yanked it out for a 305)
3 71 monte SS (rustbucket but i kept the 454 :) )
4 70 monte SS (anotehr rustbucket and kept that motor as well)
5 83 S10 4X4 (350 with 44's HELL YEA!!!!!)
6 99 S10 (meh gonna get a SBC sooner or later)
7 81 monte project car ( its in my sig)
8 soon to have a 2010 Camaro after i sell all my stuff after everything is built

Oldsmoletick

Royal Smart Person
Sep 18, 2009
cny
The malibu was my first car, I bought it back in January of 2000 when I was 17 for $1000. Had a weezy 229, 200 metric, bench seat, dry rot interior, hub caps, and all the goofy chrome trim. Having the "extra" two doors has really grown me, they come in very handy since the car doubles as a summer time daily driver. :mrgreen:

BU2001-1.jpg

This was about a year and a half after I bought it, got rid of the wheel well trim, body side moldings, other than those minors, this is how it looked when I bought it.

CLEAN-1.jpg

More recent.

crash

Master Mechanic
Feb 14, 2010
Sanford, Michigan
Started out with a 1985 Dodge Aries. The dang thing spent more time broke down in my driveway then it did actually being on the road :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor