What Was/Is Your First Car?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdg1984

G-Body Guru
Oct 18, 2009
Evansville IN
84 chevy cavalier aka "crapalier". It was a total pos, but it held up under all my abuse. Tons of neutral drops, running over trash cans, buring out in peoples yards and other immature abuse.

azmalibuwagon

Master Mechanic
Sep 18, 2009
Phoenix
My first car was a Triumph TR3, got it when I was 16, paid $200.00 for it. It actually looked a lot like this one.
http://www.rmauctions.com/images/cars/az09/AZ09_r131_01.jpg

What a blast driving on those curvy West Virigina roads. The Lucas electronics sucked, and sometimes the lights would all just shut off, usually in a dark and dangerous stretch of road. Starting it up was an adventure every day, often required priming the carbs, a push, and popping the clutch in 2nd gear, and maybe just the right amount of choke.

But it always started and ran fine once it was running. Only 2 seats, but I took as many as 5 friends with me a lot of times. It took us everywhere we wanted to go. With those low doors, you could reach out and touch the road if you wanted, and man, was it good on the curves. When you went 70, you knew that, by God, you were doing 70!

I think every guy should have a car when he's young that forces him to work on it a bit so he can learn at least enough about cars to keep it going. There's something you can use for the rest of your life, unlike, say, calculus.

outsider_27

G-Body Guru
Mar 23, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
My first car was a 77 Nova, 2 door, crap brown. It had no power steering or power brakes. It did have the inline 6 cylinder. I had big dreams of swapping in a V8, but a year after I had it some old blind guy made a left turn into my left front fender as I was going through a green light. That spawned the purchase of a 76 Mustang II Mach I hatchback. Man I hated that car!

whasshup

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 23, 2010
North Carolina
First car was an 86 mont carlo ss. Not in best condition but not too terrible either. Paid 500 for it and it ran and drove fine. It was followed by two other 86 monte ss's the third of which I still have to this day.

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
Hell I got the best first car ever! It was an 81 Citation!!! Couldn't complain too much, my parents bought it for me. Cost a salty $600.

bigdaddyinks

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 13, 2010
PA
1975 plymouth duster with a 225 slant six, bought by my parents for my 16th B-day .... $200 ..LOL

powerhungry oxymoron

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 17, 2009
My first car is the same 78 malibu i've been trying to fix up that is parked in my garage right now. My dad bought it for me for $800 but I have put about $1500 in it since.

bjohn07

Master Mechanic
May 9, 2010
mine was a 94 mustang with a v6 but now it has a stroker. ill go to my grandparents house and take pics later. thats were i keep my cars at.

Attachments

• PIC_0042.JPG
    PIC_0042.JPG
    115.7 KB · Views: 591
  • PIC_0043.JPG
    PIC_0043.JPG
    230.6 KB · Views: 593
  • PIC_0044.JPG
    PIC_0044.JPG
    229.9 KB · Views: 586
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor