What was your 1st car? & and 1st G-Body?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 1st car, 1st G-Body, and 1st love were one in the same...it was spring of '99 and my best friend/next door neighbor had just got his 72 el camino running so his dad decided he needed to get rid of that non chevy sitting in their driveway, it was a pretty good car, he got it from an old man with 85,000 miles on it for $1400, faded silver metallic paint with a blue interior,v6, wire rim hubcaps...your usual stock old mans cutlass supreme....well,my sister had given me a set of billet early 90's boyd's off her firebird she sold and i decided to make my friend an offer, the rims and a hundred bucks for the cutlass....deal was done...well i drove her for a while and decided that a set of cragar ss hubcaps would look good on her, wrong, not knowing anything about cars i cut off the exhaust and welded a cherry bomb to the beginning of the y pipe and put 2 cans of 104 octane in a 1/4 tank of gas and wnt to the drag strip lol....i think i got the best compliment that car ever had that night as i idled past somebody and heard them say i thought that thing had a 350 in it....well soon after that the car didnt want to go anymore, i'd put it in drive and floor it and it would barely move so i bought a 327, rebuilt it and proceeded to blow up the cutlass motor, ended up moving to illinois for a couple months and my mom called and said sell that p.o.s. youre making my yard look ugly so i sold it back to my friends dad for $100 and traded the 327 for a gutted 64 impala 4 door with hydraulics, bad idea... sold the 64 for 500 and eventually got a '81 camino for 2000, sold it for 800 after i ran it down, got a '80 2 door caprice that was super nice and woke up one morning to find it gone..ended up with a 2000 monte carlo i still have and just so happens that i found my cutlass last year in an old friends back yard, bought it for $100 except the only difference is it had the computer and heat and a/c pulled...well i have since redone the headliner, door panels package tray and sail panels in a black on black checkerboard, still have to paint the dash and get the seats recovered, put a 350 in it, alum intake, holley 650,350th,monte carlo rear with 3.73 gear,and cutlass rally wheels, just purchased a 272/282 cam and am currently polishing all trim pieces...plan on getting some 16x8 ion 625 black rims and a black and gold? 2 tone paint job bfore this summer is over with, my wife calls this car the devil and will have nothing to do with it..i told her i was going to put "Satan is real" on the windshield

the fact that you got YOUR cutlass back is nothing short of amazing

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor