What you need to 350 swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
It could also be a TH350C, as I mentioned. Botht eh Th350 and Th350c will have the vacuum modulator, and 13 transmission pan bolts. The TH200 has no modulator and says metric on the pan and has 11 bolts.

Matthew Goeke

G-Body Guru
Oct 15, 2016
Yoo who told me that if i have a 305 i for sure have a 4bbl, i am using the vin decoder and it says i have a 305 WITH A 2BBL

Matthew Goeke

G-Body Guru
Oct 15, 2016
It could also be a TH350C, as I mentioned. Botht eh Th350 and Th350c will have the vacuum modulator, and 13 transmission pan bolts. The TH200 has no modulator and says metric on the pan and has 11 bolts.
i know for sure it says metric on the pan, would that mean its the TH200 no matter what? i could have miscounted when i was under the car i am very claustrophobic

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Ok i think i have it but im not sure, i see 3 lines and it looks like there IS one vacuum line that goes to the end of the transmission right where the circle is. its hard to tell with this dang cat in the way
Just wiggle around under there. If you can see the cat, you're close. Use the jack in the trunk (if it's still there) if you have too. It should be a ratchet type jack. It'd have a little circle pad on it that fits into a circular hole in each corner of the frame be
i know for sure it says metric on the pan, would that mean its the TH200 no matter what? i could have miscounted when i was under the car i am very claustrophobic
It's possible. I suggest jacking up the car to see. Be careful, make sure the car is sturdy before you do. If you don't have a jack, you may be SOL if you can't see.

Matthew Goeke

G-Body Guru
Oct 15, 2016
Just wiggle around under there. If you can see the cat, you're close. Use the jack in the trunk (if it's still there) if you have too. It should be a ratchet type jack. It'd have a little circle pad on it that fits into a circular hole in each corner of the frame be

It's possible. I suggest jacking up the car to see. Be careful, make sure the car is sturdy before you do. If you don't have a jack, you may be SOL if you can't see.
theres a jack in the trunk but i also have a floor jack, i just dont feel very safe under here because my jack stands really scare me, they look like they are made of sheet metal plus i cant rely on my jack because it drops down VERY slowly. im at my house right now but saturday im going over to actually work on the brakes and hopefully get most of the work done

Matthew Goeke

G-Body Guru
Oct 15, 2016

im guessing the valve would be easy to see because when i went in nothing caught my eye. you think a shift kit would help improve how much power i can put through the th200? i know for sure i am getting a shift kit no matter what trans i have but im just curious - im looking at like 500-600 horse but obviously that would take time to get there and if i need i can start with the th200

Matthew Goeke

G-Body Guru
Oct 15, 2016

would my regal have a limited slip diff where both of the wheels get locked up or would i have to weld the diff?

Matthew Goeke

G-Body Guru
Oct 15, 2016
Would it be possible for me to do a rachet shifter with the shift kit? i kinda want to know how that would work out since i want to control the gears well

AxiumVlor

Apprentice
Apr 20, 2017
Don't get an aggressive cam right off the bat. Especially if the engines have low compression, which they normally do, around 8:1. It's not exactly smog era low, but don't go putting in the biggest baddest cam you can find just because it'll make the potatopotatopotato sound you want. It's better to just leave the motor as is, add your shiny valve covers or air cleaner as needed. I personally would use the one off your 305, and just repaint it black. I like that factory look. Plus you have all those vacuum lines that need hooked up to the damn thing. Don't go hog wild and tear apart a motor that's already set up to go. Buy the engine of your choice (go through somewhere reputable, like Summit or Jegs) and an engine won't be delivered to your house afaik, you'll have to have it dropped off at a parts warehouse, or hell, you can even order a crate motor through O'Reillys, Autozone, Advance, etc if you wanted too. You might even be able to talk one of the employees or the manager to have someone drop it off at your house. But be ready for it, have an engine hoist and a stand ready to go. Don't want that thing to sit on the floor do you?
I ordered from jegs and they delivered it to my door from a semi but i live off a highway and have a 3 car wide and 6 car deep drive the oain in the *ss was pulling the pallet jack through the gravel to the garage and mine sat in the crate while i assembled it i just tore the top off easier to get the flexplate on the motor when its not on an engine stand i had 2 stands but ordered a third for $50 from jegs since i have a supercharged 3800 from a gran prix on one and my 305 on the other

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
would my regal have a limited slip diff where both of the wheels get locked up or would i have to weld the diff?
Easiest way to tell, jack the rear end up by the pumpkin (center section of the rear end, there is alittle lip, make sure that is in the middle of the lift pad on the floor jack, not the jack in your trunk), then rotate one of the rear tires. If they spin in OPPOSITE directions, you have an open diff. If you have a limited slip (positraction, posi for short. Posi was GM's term. Ford called it traction lock, Plymouth called it sure grip, and so on) they will spin the same direction. DO NOT weld the diff. That is for race and drift cars. Welding a 7.5 inch or almost any GM c clip style diff and trying to turn will break stuff, and wear our your tires. Welding is for strictly race cars, or for rebels with nothing to lose.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor