what you thank?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stapel7

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 23, 2010
I have a 87 cutlass that I go from some guys that were going to make a lowrider out of it
it has all the body work done but missing the front fenders and has a euro nose for it
I was going to make a pro touring car out of it with a twin turbo duromax and a 6spd
I reallly need to sell but having no luck
so to save money and help getting my shop going doing builds
im thinking of doing a turbo 2.2 ecotec 4 cyl. about 400hp and put a auto behind it
to so my work and build to sell
what you think? would it be a seller or not? would it help get my shop going doing a built like that?
thanks
[email protected]
316-640-0758

3XBrownCutty

Royal Smart Person
Mar 20, 2008
NW PA
i think you should post this topic in one place instead of 3...

3XBrownCutty

Royal Smart Person
Mar 20, 2008
NW PA
or 4.

stallings.sean

Apprentice
Sep 20, 2010
windsor, OH
I agree with browncutty that you shouldnt post the same thing in 4 places. It will get read wherever you post it.

personally I dont like the idea of a 2.2l, 4 cylinder ecotech engine in a G body. I wouldnt buy it just on that alone.

stapel7

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 23, 2010
I did not know were to put it so sorry about the post
im not big on the 4cyl but with turbo and and a labtop you can make a ton of power with out all the weight
and with the price of gas hope to save there
thanks

stallings.sean

Apprentice
Sep 20, 2010
windsor, OH
stapel7 said:
I did not know were to put it so sorry about the post
im not big on the 4cyl but with turbo and and a labtop you can make a ton of power with out all the weight
and with the price of gas hope to save there
thanks

You have a point about the gas savings and weight. The thing I like about the v6-v8 is that they are easy to work on. Granted there are probably people out there that want the car and dont tinker with the engine or know how to work on those.
what engine does that car have in it right now? unless you already have the turbo, laptop, conversion components, engine, and all that stuff, it might be cheaper to build up the engine that is in there. I dont know how easy it is to switch in a 4cyl to where a v6 or v8 went.

stapel7

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 23, 2010
307 that has been outside with no aircleaner
you might be ontop something maybe one of the new 6cyl with a turbo might be cool

washingtonb2

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 30, 2010
Personally, I think that it would be a bad idea to do that swap. G Bodys are already the baster child of the car world. ALl that would do is add to the insults. My passion for the G body could not allow you to do that. Sorry bro!!!!! I say try to build a gas saver carb SBC that could help the people with daily drivers.

stallings.sean

Apprentice
Sep 20, 2010
windsor, OH
stapel7 said:
307 that has been outside with no aircleaner
you might be ontop something maybe one of the new 6cyl with a turbo might be cool

a 307 isnt a bad engine. I would rebuild that and forget about the new turbo v6 engine. If its been sitting out without an air cleaner get a new intake, have the heads redone and take it to a machine shop. Itll cost you less in the long run. If your talking about making a quick engine then build a quick engine, if you want a economical engine, put a 260 in there.

stallings.sean

Apprentice
Sep 20, 2010
windsor, OH
Id take this engine:
4 bolt 350 .030 over 5.7 rods .250 dome forged trw pistons
solid cam and lifers
aluminun single palane high rise intake
210cc runner Iron eagle heads
aluminum roller rockers
MSD hei
mini starter
complete less carb
has brake in time only
asking $4,800
this is a full race motor will have to run alky or 110 race gas this motor will turn 8500 rpm all night long
thanks
garden city kansas
316-640-0758

drop it in the car you have and sell it.
since you already have the engine and have a car that you want to put an engine in that is quick (forget about the fuel economy) it sounds like a match to me. Someone will have to do some work to make it track ready but youd have some income.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor