Whatcha doin to your car this weekend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
HurstOlds said:
Joel86Cutlass said:
I bought mine at a local car audio shop here in PA. But the price that you have on the attached link is right on. But like i said the color match is not exact, or at least with my interior is wasn't.

Joel, I sent you a PM.

I like those speaker kick panels as well. Is that price ($150) for both panels, or is that the price for each?

Joel, do you have more info on the speakers you went with? Thanks

$150 should be for both that is what i paid.

The speakers that I went with are Powerbass L series. I used a 5 1/4" component set in the kick panels and a 4"x10" set of coaxials in the rear deck that i am running off of a Rockford Fosgate 200A.4 amp. The kick panels that i have would only except up to a 5 1/4" component unlike the link that Custom442 had that said they would except a 6 1/2" set. So if you buy a set make sure the size of speaker you can use before you buy the speakers. I have used Powerbass speakers in many cars with great success, they are not that expensive and they sound great.

here is a link for the components i used.
http://www.powerbassusa.com/products/co ... nents.html

here is a link for the 4"x10" coaxials
http://www.powerbassusa.com/products/co ... xials.html[/b]

Doober said:
custom442 said:
It's just so it doesn't look so run down. I'm not really all that concerned with the body on this one (not going gloss, sticking with flat black), the '78 is the one that will get attention on the body work.
DSC07674-1.jpg

I see. Btw I like that color, I've only seen it once or twice on a car that I car remember

Nothing this weekend. Going home to my stomping grounds. Probably gonna try and finish stripping the car tonight. I might throw in the towel on my Regal. To much rust and nowhere NEAR enough body work knowledge. It can be fixed....I don't know. I wish I could just find a clean tub that isn't worth it's weight in gold (THANK YOU TURBO BUICK COMMUNITY!:roll: ) Anyone have any leads...lol!

Attachments

• port.JPG
    port.JPG
    59.6 KB · Views: 104
I remember a guy selling his 86 regal on here a while back but he's in Canada

Here's what i did for my speaker locations
door_panel_speaker.jpg

I had to space them out a little because of the window track but i don't think they look that bad, the holes were already cut for the speakers so i had to put them there.
door_panel_speaker1.jpg

In your face sound!! better location than down near your feet where you can kick them and hardly hear them.

Doober said:
Imaging probably isn't the best, but the install looks good & clean 😀
I can hear both speakers fine, they are right near my ears!

I wasn't talking about being able to hear them, I just meant the separation between left & right & how even they are. The reason they moved many speakers to the doors/kick panels is because it helps this, they wind up being more of an even distance from your ears. When they're in the doors, unless you have the balance off to one side, whichever side you're sitting on will be louder. 😀

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-b8mzS1Lbfi ... stage.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor