What's the appropriate music to listen to in your 80s GBody?

Status
Not open for further replies.

82GPLJ455

Greasemonkey
Jul 26, 2014
ma.
Re: What's the appropriate music to listen to in your 80s GB

DEVILSorchard said:
Depends on what you drive

Obvious the Cutlass and EL Camino guys are a cut above so Slayer with metallica on deck is the accepted soundtrack.

Ive heard the monty carlo and grand prix crowd generally sticks with new kids on the block and Anchovie ..... oops, I meant Bon Jovi

Now,that wasnt very nice.

FirstClass 383

Master Mechanic
Feb 8, 2013

The sound of your motor is the BEST music, in any ride :wink:

84GP455

G-Body Guru
Jun 19, 2007
Methuen Ma.

DEVILSorchard said:

Obvious the Cutlass and EL Camino guys are a cut above so Slayer with metallica on deck is the accepted soundtrack.

Ive heard the monty carlo and grand prix crowd generally sticks with new kids on the block and Anchovie ..... oops, I meant Bon Jovi

Listen you NOOB, obviously you just joined so don't go disrespecting any Gbody owners on here especially GP owners we are all brothers! You must be a youngster because slayer and metallica were not heard on the radio back in the 80's Devil worshiper!

565bbchevy

Geezer
G-Body of the Month
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan

I'm guessing that this was an attempt at humor since there is nothing soft and fluffy being played in my Monte.
And what about the Regal and Malibu guys?
I also love the sound of my big block revving but hearing some good tunes in the background makes it even better.

DEVILSorchard

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 22, 2014

84GP455 said:
DEVILSorchard said:

Listen you NOOB, obviously you just joined so don't go disrespecting any Gbody owners on here especially GP owners we are all brothers! You must be a youngster because slayer and metallica were not heard on the radio back in the 80's Devil worshiper!

Sry no disrespect intended. It was more a remark about the massive diversity in the 80's music scene and how some of today's big bands emerged in the 80's as "devils music" and what played on the radio is well generally regarded as not as "cool" or "soft and fluffy". I see you caught that, my attempt at some cross platform rivalry was probably in bad taste. My apologies.

84GP455

G-Body Guru
Jun 19, 2007
Methuen Ma.

No problem, your apology is accepted. Look we all own Gbody's so no need to call out a few as being less cool or whatever. I am actually a big heavy metal fan and love Metallica they just were starting out in the 80's so I was listening to mostly 70's bands back then, ex. AC/DC, Aerosmith, Black Sabbath, Blue Oyster Cult, Dio, Led Zeppelin, Rush, Pink Floyd, ZZ Top, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, you know them all as great bands who no band from the 80's, 90's or today can even touch or match their musical prowess or huge followings and sold out stadiums of yesterday! Do you think any new band from say the 90's till today could sell out a huge stadium for multiple days in multiple cities across America>?? I don't think so! I do dig Volbeat though - They DO rock! No hard feelings DEVIL,,,,,,,and feel free to post up pics of your ride we would LOVE to see what YOU got! As you can see my GP is not "soft" or fluffy" at all nor is 565BBChevy's Monte.

pencero

Royal Smart Person
Feb 20, 2008
Ind.

Dead rappers; original Alice in Chains; some Rage Against the Machine songs (but not others); some 80s hits that just don't seem right playing in a newer car; Neil Young who actually has a song about driving his Cutlass which I just recently found; Some Nirvana songs; some dirty south rappers but not others; 9/10 of anything DJ Premier related albums or even just the instrumentals w/ no lyrics over it is good driving music; Alchemist mixtapes; Cypress Hill. Basically anything that makes the statement your completely aware how old your car looks and that's what you embrace about it so you just wanted to re-iterate how old it really is by blasting music that seems really olddddddd too. LOL

84GP455

G-Body Guru
Jun 19, 2007
Methuen Ma.

He probably was joking and I probably came down to hard on him and I apologize for that Devil man, but I don't understand why some guys single out a few Gbody's as being wimpy or less superior. They are all the same chassis and frame hence they are all brothers or cousins. None of them were really tire burners except for the GN and GNX in my opinion. They were all underpowered, big boxy slugs but we all love them so!

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY

Man, and what slugs they were! I remember when the cops drove Malibus and Caprices- what dogs. My '68 Firebird ran rings around them. I was getting chased once and Public Enemy's "Fight The Power" was cranking- how appropriate!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor