What's the appropriate music to listen to in your 80s GBody?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kansas Bu Wagon

G-Body Guru
Jul 9, 2012
Wichita, Ks
Re: What's the appropriate music to listen to in your 80s GB

People didn't have as many bands to choose from back in the day. tons of bands went un-noticed because they couldn't get any radio time. Peoples playlist are far more diverse nowadays and the masses are focused on the sh*t they call country music currently.

But anyways... Hardcore, metal, or pop-punk for me. Doubt anyone on here has heard of the stuff I listen to lol.

This is a pretty neat thread!

MeanBuicks

Master Mechanic
Apr 1, 2014
Memphis, TN

84GP455 said:
I don't understand why some guys single out a few Gbody's as being wimpy or less superior. They are all the same chassis and frame hence they are all brothers or cousins. None of them were really tire burners except for the GN and GNX in my opinion. They were all underpowered, big boxy slugs but we all love them so!

Ha! I'm glad we don't have to choose the tunes based on the vehicle performance. Yes, my GN would be rockin' but my VIN A Cutlass? I'd be stuck with elevator music and Lawrence Welk. :rofl:

Qdub24

Royal Smart Person
Sep 6, 2006
Columbus, GA

Dirty Boyz, Gucci/1017, Rocko, T.I./Hustle Gang, Outlast, Killer Mike, Young Jeezy, Yo Gotti, Rich Boy, Pastor Troy, Currensy, Big K.R.I.T., and The Weeknd if my lady's in the whip.

RustRocket

Master Mechanic
Sep 8, 2014
Las Vegas, Nevada

MeanBuicks said:
Ha! I'm glad we don't have to choose the tunes based on the vehicle performance. Yes, my GN would be rockin' but my VIN A Cutlass? I'd be stuck with elevator music and Lawrence Welk. :rofl:

I have got to get a sticker like this, the Turbo valve covers are a nice touch as well

pencero

Royal Smart Person
Feb 20, 2008
Ind.

big krit really drove an 86 monte lol

truracer20

Master Mechanic
Feb 16, 2014
western PA

Only classic music. Could be country, rock, metal, southern rock, or pop. But always classic.
Mostly Johnny Cash, CCR, Bad Company, Foghat, Willie Nelson, Waylon Jennings, The Band, Janice Joplin, Lynyrd Skynyrd, The Eagles, Hank Williams JR, AC/DC, David Allen Coe, Merle Haggard, Molly Hatchet, Charlie Daniels, Pink Floyd, Allman Brothers, Doobie Brothers, Marshall Tucker Band, Mountain, George Thorogood, James Gang, Little Feat, Ram Jam. Some was popular in its day as well as now, some wasn't then and still isn't.

ADentice

Apprentice
Jul 25, 2014
Buffalo, NY

Black Sabbath is always good to blast in an old g body

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia

truracer20 said:
Only classic music. Could be country, rock, metal, southern rock, or pop. But always classic.
Mostly Johnny Cash, CCR, Bad Company, Foghat, Willie Nelson, Waylon Jennings, The Band, Janice Joplin, Lynyrd Skynyrd, The Eagles, Hank Williams JR, AC/DC, David Allen Coe, Merle Haggard, Molly Hatchet, Charlie Daniels, Pink Floyd, Allman Brothers, Doobie Brothers, Marshall Tucker Band, Mountain, George Thorogood, James Gang, Little Feat, Ram Jam. Some was popular in its day as well as now, some wasn't then and still isn't.

That pretty much sums it up for me although I would add zeppelin, Bob dylan, sixto rodriguez and Richard thompson

jacobdavis1979

G-Body Guru
Feb 18, 2011

People always ask me my favorite genre of music and im glad too see more people like me that dont have one. My favorite song of all time is Dont bring me down by ELO while my favorite band of all time goes back and forth between zz top and metallica. So while in enjoy bands like that im still gonna enjoy songs like Turn down for what and even some Timberlake once in awhile. So you can say i enjoy everything from classic rock to country to pop to even RAP! Plus with a 15 rockford sub in the trunk you really wanna hear that thing pound sometimes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor