What's your winter beater?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RustRocket

Master Mechanic
Sep 8, 2014
Las Vegas, Nevada
In High School it was the Astro, then last year it was the Monte. She did great with a peg-leg and a V8. My intentions were to make the Beetle a winter fun car but the car had it's own intentions. This year it looks like it'll be the Eagle...if I could ever get motivated enough to dive into the carb issues
DSCN6138.JPG

DSCN0702.JPG

Reactions: 3 users

Jeff L

G-Body Guru
Nov 20, 2016
Southern AZ
31D82DE9-FCE9-4493-B67E-814FA214DFB6.jpeg
I have to really suffer during the winter. Hard to have to lower myself to use this car, but oh well....;)

Seriously I loved my 2 Chevettes when I lived back East. They were both manual cars, never got stuck or broke down, and it was kinda nice having a very good gas mileage car. Anything that kept my nice cars off the salted roads was all that mattered back then.

Living in AZ, no worries about Winter. When I lived in CT I had many snowy drives to and from work. I still remember one night where a forcasted light snow turned into a possible foot of snow nightmare. Thankfully my boss called and let us go early. I was only about 4-5 miles from home. Took me 50 minutes and being 10 at night most were off the roads. I was scared to death I would slide into a ditch. No fun that night. Was snowing the next day so I luckily had the day off because the State shut down the roads.

78chevolds

Greasemonkey
Jun 25, 2013
Don't have a beater for Winter. Drive my Cutlass during the Winter. Got snow tires and have no problems getting around. Wish I had the money and space to get another car, but I take care of this car and drive less than 10K a year.

ed1948

Royal Smart Person
Aug 6, 2016
Quinte West, Ontario
This:
wintermode1.PNG

And how I get to 'the above'
P1120857.JPG

• Informative
Reactions: 1 user

ed1948

Royal Smart Person
Aug 6, 2016
Quinte West, Ontario
you must be suicidal to admit that you are the guy who fills in the driveways right after the homeowner had shoveled it.....:blam:
.....Wow, I'm glad I don't do your area. Only 1/3 of our route has residential driveways.
We have a small tractor plow that follows us to clear windrows from driveway entrances.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor