Wheel fitment 1985 Monte Carlo ss

Irishspring46

Greasemonkey
Sep 14, 2022
You're not going to fit 9.5" on the front without severe rubbing unless you install tall upper balljoints
You're not going to fit 9.5" on the front without severe rubbing unless you install tall upper balljoints
Sorry to bombard you with questions but if I was to put tall upper ball joints on the front to fit the wider wheels I’ve heard that I’d need shorter upper control arms? Is that true?

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
Sorry to bombard you with questions but if I was to put tall upper ball joints on the front to fit the wider wheels I’ve heard that I’d need shorter upper control arms? Is that true?
Correct.

While it might be possible to utilize OE arms w/tweaks to the alignment, shorter uppers help the Camber-curve objective (tilting in motion vs out as the spindle C/L travels upward) during suspension compression.

Reactions: 1 users

Irishspring46

Greasemonkey
Sep 14, 2022
Correct.

While it might be possible to utilize OE arms w/tweaks to the alignment, shorter uppers help the Camber-curve objective (tilting in motion vs out as the spindle C/L travels upward) during suspension compression.
Ok I see so fitting 9.5s on the back is a little risky (depends on the car) and if I wanted to attempt to fit 9.5s on the front I’d need tall upper joints and shorter upper control arms. And 8 inch wide wheels would most likely fit.

Irishspring46

Greasemonkey
Sep 14, 2022
I"M running US Mag ramblers on my 87 Monte Carlo SS. 18x8 all around. 225/45 front 245/45 rear. I" going to put 18x9.5 wheels on the rear of my S-10 run and 275/40 tires.These wheels look great with the knock offs. Bill. WV
Do you have a photo of your car? I might go with the same exact sizes and wheel

Irishspring46

Greasemonkey
Sep 14, 2022
If I was to put 9.5s with 5.45 backspacing on the rear and it didn’t fit and was hitting my Frame couldn’t I just use a wheel spacer?

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Ramblers look great on Monte's
20201129_171400.jpg

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor