Wheel Fitment Guide

S

Scott Thomas Curry

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 12, 2018
how do you like the eibach lowering springs? i went to there website, and the only kit they offer only lowers 1' in the front, and 0.8' in the back. i think i need a little more drop than that. the site also doesnt give a price. how much did you have to pay?
I had the eibach springs on mine and the ride is great as long as you put new shocks. The look is actually probably just right for most people. I run an 18 x 10 in the rear and 18x 8 up front.
img_20171231_141349955_hdr-jpg.88718

R

RGray7

n00b
Jun 21, 2018
I have a 1983 Oldsmobile Cutlass. I am looking to 20" staggered Rev Classic 100 Anthracite wheels on the car. I need to know the backspacing and tire size that would work. Also would I need spacers? I have searched the site for the answer and either I did not see it or do not understand. Thanks in advance .

Qdub24

Qdub24

Royal Smart Person
Sep 6, 2006
Columbus, GA
I have a 1983 Oldsmobile Cutlass. I am looking to 20" staggered Rev Classic 100 Anthracite wheels on the car. I need to know the backspacing and tire size that would work. Also would I need spacers? I have searched the site for the answer and either I did not see it or do not understand. Thanks in advance .
Max wheel backspacing of 4.5" should fit w/o a hitch. I don't know the tire size as I've never had 20s on a G-body. Avoid using spacers/adapters at all cost.

UNGN

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
The ideal offset is about +5mm in front and about -7mm in back. These numbers are close to zero, so Zero offset wheels wheels generally work with a "square" set up, as long as the wheel width isn't much more than 8".

If you upgrade to "big brakes" in front, these generally push the the front end out about 9-11 mm, so this would make the ideal offset in front about 15mm, which pushes the difference in ideal offset from the front to back to almost 1" (21-23 mm difference vs. 25.4mm = 1 inch), which is about the minimum wheel adapter width..

With a staggered set, you don't have to worry about a compromise offset, so look for wheels with zero to -10 in back and Zero to +10 in front.

As you go up in width of wheel (above 8") and tire (above 225 in front, 255 in back), the ideal offset range narrows.