Wheel Fitment Guide

fauxfour2

Greasemonkey
Apr 21, 2020
I could use some guidance on this. I bought a wheel package off ebay from speedway they are gm style rally wheels. I've always loved the way they look and the little 14X6 arent cutting it and definitely wont with the 403. The bolt pattern is right but as i read through this thread i got more worried i might have fittment issues. So my Two questions; will the rims fit sizewise, and what tire size will look/work/fit best. here are the specs:

Front-
15X7 with 4.25" backspacing

Rear
15X8 with 4.25 backspacing

Thanks for the help!

Kamloops cutlass

Master Mechanic
Jan 27, 2021
Kamloops bc
Hello cutlass owners
I am close to pulling the trigger on my wheel choice .
I’ve read this thread 3 times ,measured my car , test fit a set of iroc wheels with 245 50s mounted on them
So I’m pretty sure what I need, but a little scared to throw 2000 bucks in the wind
This car will be lowered with drop spindles and adjustable coil overs , 2 1/2” front and 2” back ( this may change ,fine tuning for looks )
I’m planning on using AR 515 17x8 (4” bs) front and 17x9.5 (5.5 bs) rear with
245 45 17 and 275 40 17 nitto 555 or BFG g force sport comp II tires
Frame notch to seam in rear is expected and planned for ,also ok with rolling fender lips
My questions are
#1- Does anyone foresee a problem I may not have considered ?
#2- could I fit a wider tire on back ?

Reactions: 1 user

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Hello cutlass owners
I am close to pulling the trigger on my wheel choice .
I’ve read this thread 3 times ,measured my car , test fit a set of iroc wheels with 245 50s mounted on them
So I’m pretty sure what I need, but a little scared to throw 2000 bucks in the wind
This car will be lowered with drop spindles and adjustable coil overs , 2 1/2” front and 2” back ( this may change ,fine tuning for looks )
I’m planning on using AR 515 17x8 (4” bs) front and 17x9.5 (5.5 bs) rear with
245 45 17 and 275 40 17 nitto 555 or BFG g force sport comp II tires
Frame notch to seam in rear is expected and planned for ,also ok with rolling fender lips
My questions are
#1- Does anyone foresee a problem I may not have considered ?
#2- could I fit a wider tire on back ?
I don't see an issue, you will probably still want tall upper balljoints to change your curve so the fronts don't rub on the top of the inner wheel well. You can run a 9.5" wheel on the front with 5.25" backspacing. I'm running 275/35/18 on all four corners with no rubbing using RideTech front suspension and the frame notched to the seam in the rear.

Reactions: 1 users

Kamloops cutlass

Master Mechanic
Jan 27, 2021
Kamloops bc
I don't see an issue, you will probably still want tall upper balljoints to change your curve so the fronts don't rub on the top of the inner wheel well. You can run a 9.5" wheel on the front with 5.25" backspacing. I'm running 275/35/18 on all four corners with no rubbing using RideTech front suspension and the frame notched to the seam in the rear.
Thank you for the quick reply I was considering the taller ball joints , sounds like a should use them .
you have 5 1/4 “ bs on rear. aside from the frame notch, did you roll fender lip ?
Would you say you might have enough room for a 285 at 5 1/2” bs?

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
I did not roll my fender lip, I do have a tick of room between the tire sidewall and the frame, might be able to get by with a 5.5" backspacing on the rear. It'll be really close though. And BTW, I have 5.25" back spacing on BOTH front and rear.

Reactions: 1 users

80/MALIBU/COUPE

Greasemonkey
Feb 17, 2021
TUCSON AZ
1620344652915.png

FOUND THESE IN TOWN "FOR ME ANYWAYS " WIDTH IS 7s AND 8s but b/s is 3.5" is this and no go ?

GoodOldsGuy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 24, 2013
Good evening, my humblest apologies if this has been asked to death. I found a guy selling these rims for $200 off his old school Dodge, he said the lug pattern was 5 x 4.5. I know the lug pattern for my Cutlass is 5 x 4.75. I have searched the internet looking for adapters and have found many that convert 4.75 into 4.5. My issue is backspacing and making sure I have the correct adapters. Can anyone recommend a brand or company that will work for what I need? Thanks a lot. Pic below is of the rims, what a score they were, if I can make it work. Also, the rims are 20's, should have mentioned that earlier.

Attachments

• Wheels.jpg
    Wheels.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 107

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor