When Do You Park It For Winter

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcar1993

G-Body Guru
Aug 31, 2007
New Jersey
I have a shelterlogic carport tent, the one thats fully enclosed. I've had it for maybe 5 years now? Just retarped it this summer. I ran into a minor snag with my town, someone complained about my tent (which I put up without a permit, out of plain sight, on the side of my house, behind a 6' fence/gate...) so the zoning officer set me up with a legal spot and I moved it to the middle of my yard! Now its legal and I even have a c/o for it.
None-the-less, for the $200 for the tent, and maybe $200-$400 in gravel, tarps, permits, ect... it has served me well. I put a heavy duty tarp between the original tarp and the poles to reinforce it, there is a tarp on the floor as a moisture barrier, and make sure you brush off any snow load, during a big storm I do it multiple times.

100_6207.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: 1 user

foxtrot

Royal Smart Person
Dec 19, 2008
USA
Marcar,

I never thought of zoning issues since the carport tent seems temporary to me. That would be a huge PITA if I need to move it at some point! One more thing I need to worry about now ;-)

455'ed80Regal

Master Mechanic
Nov 3, 2010
Lincoln, MO
As long as it's not raining or snowing or just downright cold out, it's never really parked. Though I most likely wouldn't drive it unless it was 45 or above.

marcar1993

G-Body Guru
Aug 31, 2007
New Jersey
I never thought of zoning issues since the carport tent seems temporary to me. That would be a huge PITA if I need to move it at some point! One more thing I need to worry about now ;-)

It really isn't a big deal to move, take the tarp off, split it in 2, and with 2 people, it can be moved in under an hour. The bigger issue is that I staked it with 36" rebar, that just stayed in the ground... Made it easier. Also, my zoning official told me, if it wasn't complained about, he never would have said anything, further, he only had me move it because it has permanent intentions. If it was to come down in a few months, then I wouldn't have an issue.

Bar50

Royal Smart Person
Jan 1, 2009
Tulsa, OK

When you have too many projects inside the shop....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor