When Do You Park It For Winter

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
My plan to take the GP for a cruise today didn't work out so I snagged my 9835 Alpine out of it along with the XM equipment and installed it in my Jeep...I have an spare 9835 but it's stuck on dim for the display so I'll be looking for another one to replace that one. The insurance is off the GP so it's parked until life begins in the spring...:(

foxtrot

Royal Smart Person
Dec 19, 2008
USA
I was pushing the envelope and took the Regal out one more time since it was nice out. Used up most of the fuel that's been in the tank for a couple of months and filed up with some fresh stuff (treated with Stabil too)! Now it's tucked away in the carport until spring with the exception of the monthly start..

Reactions: 1 users

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
I called the warehouse where I store my car on Friday and reserved a spot. However I took my car to HD today for supplies. Now that its at the end of the driveway I intend to take it to work tomorrow. Too much other stuff on the sidelines with life will likely make me park it sooner than later.

Anyone ever thought about using boat wrap on a car ? I would think it would trap too much moisture in the vehicle but open to suggestions

foxtrot

Royal Smart Person
Dec 19, 2008
USA
I called the warehouse where I store my car on Friday and reserved a spot. However I took my car to HD today for supplies. Now that its at the end of the driveway I intend to take it to work tomorrow. Too much other stuff on the sidelines with life will likely make me park it sooner than later.

Anyone ever thought about using boat wrap on a car ? I would think it would trap too much moisture in the vehicle but open to suggestions

I'm thinking that the boat wrap would turn out bad due to the moisture. Why not just utilize a car cover since you store it in a building?

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
It costs me $250 ea for the boat and car to store them 3 months in the warehouse. I can get outdoor storage for free.
I was even looking at the portable garages from Costco but then I have to look at them in the driveway all winter.

marcar1993

G-Body Guru
Aug 31, 2007
New Jersey
Looking at the weather, it should be warm and raining all week. If they don't resalt the roads, then by sunday I'll have the car out for the toys for tots carshow at a local speedshop.

Reactions: 1 user

foxtrot

Royal Smart Person
Dec 19, 2008
USA
It costs me $250 ea for the boat and car to store them 3 months in the warehouse. I can get outdoor storage for free.
I was even looking at the portable garages from Costco but then I have to look at them in the driveway all winter.
I like the carports that Shelter Logic markets. You could always put one of them in your back yard and store the car there for the winter. In my case, I store my gbody inside a shelter logic carport that's in my back yard and its out of site but still close enough to tweak at over the winter. It's recommend to line the ground with a few tarps under the carport for a vapor barrier..

• Agree

SupremeSpeed

G-Body Guru
Sep 29, 2016
GA
I like the carports that Shelter Logic markets. You could always put one of them in your back yard and store the car there for the winter. In my case, I store my gbody inside a shelter logic carport that's in my back yard and its out of site but still close enough to tweak at over the winter. It's recommend to line the ground with a few tarps under the carport for a vapor barrier..
Thanks for the tip!

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
Looked up shrink wrapping cars and didn't find any negative, they can even install breathers. Another good reason to buy an enclosed - it's a portable garage.

IMG_5363.JPG

IMG_5362.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor