When Do You Park It For Winter

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
It's calling for rain here till Saturday, no rain or snow for Sunday and Monday so I'm thinking of taking a cruise in the GP on Sunday......:)

Reactions: 1 user

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
IMG_0251.JPG

This was this past Sunday. Saturday morning it was in the 60's. By Sunday afternoon my son scraped off almost a foot. We ended up getting 25" or 26" the end of the day Monday - meaning done for the season and time for winter upgrades.

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
^^^^ ewww what's all that white stuff on your car ??? LOL

.... counting the days GP. Mine is uncovered and still dirty in the driveway. Hope to give it a bath Monday and start the prep for winter.

Reactions: 1 user

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
^^^^ ewww what's all that white stuff on your car ??? LOL

.... counting the days GP. Mine is uncovered and still dirty in the driveway. Hope to give it a bath Monday and start the prep for winter.

That's what happens when you off by 12 hours before putting it in the garage :)

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
I used to drive my cutlass daily as it was my only car when i was working and in college. Had a ton of fun with it in the snow even with the 307! Once i swapped the healthy 355 in it i REALLY had a blast in the snow, however i was only 19 at the time. Once i realized what the salt was doing i got a 2nd car and began parking the cutlass until spring showed up.
I really saw the effects of winter driving once my resto began and needed alot of metalwork to fix what the salt ate!!! Never again will this car see a snowy or salty road.....even rain will be averted unless i just get stuck in a pop up shower which is bound to happen! Too much time, blood, and money put into my resto to let the elements eat it up.....hell it just got the jambs painted yesterday and i don't wanna mess up fresh paint from here out!

Gozer442

Master Mechanic
Aug 9, 2016
Ontario, Canada
I covered her up last Friday night. Once I get all the firewood stacked that is sitting in front of the garage, I'll move her there. I'll be prepping for paint over the winter months.

Garage.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
I am so jealous of all you guys with garages. My car sits in the driveway 9 months of the year. Really need to move !

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Gozer442

Master Mechanic
Aug 9, 2016
Ontario, Canada
I am so jealous of all you guys with garages. My car sits in the driveway 9 months of the year. Really need to move !

The Cutlass will be outside for some of the time this winter. The hood and other various body panels will be removed to repair, smooth, and primer. You can see a pair of rust free doors(olive green) peeking out on the right side of the garage. They've been waiting to go on a car for 12 years!

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
Pics of my trailer and motorhome ready for winter - all I need to do is throw the covers on the cars, been playing with them.

IMG_5373.JPG

IMG_5371.JPG

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor