Where are the speakers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

86RegalLimited

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 5, 2007
Northampton, MA
Hello,
I was wondering where the speakers are in an 86 Regal. I know where the dash speakers and the rear deck speakers are but crutchfield says that there are two more pairs and I can't find them.
Thank you

illregal82

Master Mechanic
Jul 4, 2006
MINNEAPOLIS
dont believe crapfeild there is most likely only four speakers unless you have a highly optioned car there would be a set in the doors like grandnationals with the "concert sound" and if you do you would be able to tell cause at the bottom front of your door panel it would stick out about 3 inches

85_SS

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2005
Ontario, Canada
illregal82 said:
dont believe crapfeild there is most likely only four speakers unless you have a highly optioned car there would be a set in the doors like grandnationals with the "concert sound" and if you do you would be able to tell cause at the bottom front of your door panel it would stick out about 3 inches

Agreed. The only G-bodies with more than four speakers were the Regals with the concert sound package. I'm not sure if these cars actually had 6 speakers or whether the door speakers replaced the dash speakers...

illregal82

Master Mechanic
Jul 4, 2006
MINNEAPOLIS
there was 6 speakers in the 85 gp le in my backyard on another note i thought about using the door paneles i like the window and lock controlsand i will already have the buckets and console why not take doors too will have to bring this up later when im ready to do the interior

86RegalLimited

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 5, 2007
Northampton, MA
Thanks for your replys

How come there are no speaker grills in the back? Doesn't that muffle the sound? I currently do not have a working stereo but I will be putting on in soon. Correct me if I am wrong but I believe that there are two 4X10s in the back and two 3.5"s in the dash.

85_SS

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Re: Thanks for your replys

86RegalLimited said:
How come there are no speaker grills in the back? Doesn't that muffle the sound? I currently do not have a working stereo but I will be putting on in soon. Correct me if I am wrong but I believe that there are two 4X10s in the back and two 3.5"s in the dash.

86+ cars had carpeting over the grills. There is a grill under the carpeted area, and yes it probably does muffle the sound to a degree.

illregal82

Master Mechanic
Jul 4, 2006
MINNEAPOLIS
that sucks for you if you have 4x10s my 82 regal had 6x9s and 3.5s . i bought q logic kick panels of ebay that hold a 5.25 components

86RegalLimited

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 5, 2007
Northampton, MA
For some reason crutchfield is under the impression that there are speakers on the side panels in the back seat area. I am assuming that this is false but I want to make sure.

85_SS

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2005
Ontario, Canada
86RegalLimited said:
For some reason crutchfield is under the impression that there are speakers on the side panels in the back seat area. I am assuming that this is false but I want to make sure.

No G-body has factory speakers in that area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor