Where can I dispose a gas tank?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheHomie

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 24, 2015
I have the gas tank out of my 78 Monte and it is about 3/4 to 1/2 full of a oil gas mixture from sitting for 17 or so years. Its rotted on the inside and I decided to just get another one but not sure how to dispose of it? They frown on pouring oil and gas into the ground. and the tank being flammable do I just chuck it in a dumpster? Any help would be appreciated.

V8 Rumble

Royal Smart Person
Jan 7, 2010
Connecticut
I would call your town and ask if they do a hazardous waste disposal or if they know of one. My town gave me that info thankfully. Or call a junkyard or scrap metal place.

Also yellow pages or google for local hazardous waste removal.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I bought my tank to the local recycling yard. They are all equipped to handle tanks with fuel since they all accept cars that drive in.

Reactions: 1 users

TheHomie

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 24, 2015
Thank you cause the city said for me to take it on the military base recycling center on Fort Hood. Which I doubt they will give me a day pass to transport a tank of gas across post. Then she said if that doesn't work she doesn't have any other answers. lol. I called our local scrap yard, Cen-tex scrap, and they said they would as long as its all metal. :banana: I didn't think it would be so hard to give someone free gas. :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor