Where Do You Store Your Car For The Winter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
Like the title says... Where do you store your car?... For those of use that aren't fortunate enough to have year round car weather.

Here's my 442 all tucked in for a long winter's nap...
3895230101_large.jpg

Here's the 40' shipping container I rent... I forgot to get a picture of it full of the Olds and Buick wagons, but this gives you the idea...
31736620111_large.jpg

So where do you hide your car?

Silent viewer

Royal Smart Person
May 9, 2007
i got the regal in my oversized single car at home and the 442 is sittin next to my old 84 regal in my buddies garage, the calais unfortinatly is stuck outside but not being driven and the llac is the driver and also stays outside. i have plans to either build a 3 car behind my house in the next 2-3 years but until then...

khan0165

Royal Smart Person
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
I don't have a picture, but I store my car about an hour west of Ottawa. I came into contact with a really nice gentleman who is a contractor and owns and builds several properties. Just past Carlton Place (west of Ottawa), he owns a huge cottage (more like a finished house) on the lake side, where he has built an 8bay garage with a loft for his 2 classics. He rents the rest 6bays for winter parking. It's an hour to drive out there twice a year, but it's well worth it for an insulated garage where he turns on the heat for the really cold days. Beats having to park outside on the street. I live in a townhouse with a tiny garage, which just barely fits my car. Between my brother, myself, and my dad, we're running 5 cars in this tiny house with one garage and small driveway...

Minion1186

G-Body Guru
Apr 12, 2009
since i have part time collector car insurance,the cutlass gets parked from october 31st to about april.Right now its parked in my dads garage in one corner while his 65 cadillac in need of a resto is in the other and paps 64 galaxie blocks them in.This garage is concrete,and used to be used to store big garbage trucks,so there's lots of room.It does get cold in this garage though,since it's made of concrete.This year I'll be doing an older carby/dist. swap so the cutlass cant be moved even if it wanted too.

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
DSC00547-1.jpg

need I say more?? :rofl:

83cutlassowner

Greasemonkey
Oct 4, 2009
yankton,sd
mine sits at the family farm in the machine shed. hopefully its going to be moved into the shop so i can get some gears swapped in, maybe some suspension parts to. prolly will have to wait till i get my garage put up next spring or summer. it'll be a lot more convenient to work on my stuff no more then 20 feet from my house instead of 10 miles away.

madmaxstyle

Greasemonkey
Jul 21, 2009
Alberta
Its too big to fit into my living room so I have to keep it out in the shop even in the summer
If its not the camino its getting worked in the driveway. :rofl:

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
Here's where two of ours sit...my son's car(we do have a car cover for it) and the 82 Camino in behind. The 79 sits out on the acreage under a foot or so of snow.

dsc01506f.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor