Where in the World is 85CB??

Status
Not open for further replies.

IhaveNoPantsOn

Greasemonkey
Feb 22, 2009
Holyoke, MA
Has anyone else noticed the lack of posts from 85 Cutlass Brougham? I'm used to seeing 3 or 4 posts a day from him, but haven't seen anything in probably a month. Anyone know him personally? I hope it's just due to lack of internet access, and that nothing bad has happened. He seems like a cool guy, and I hope his absence is temporary.

SafariWagon

Master Mechanic
Jan 15, 2009
Looked him up in the member list. Last logged on Tues. May 18th. ???????????????????????????????????

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
Last I heard he was still running around trying to get some projects finished up around his house so he could re-finance it.
That's probably keeping him plenty busy along with work...

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
Sorry everyone! I have been busy trying to finish my house and have just today started working on my AMC project again. I finally tried out my new cheap welder, and if you are thinking of buying one-don't. It welds fine, but the trigger does NOT turn off the current. So, it's always hot like a Arc welder, not trigger switched like a MIG. I found that out the hard way, and wound up with an eye full of welding arc. I can see OK, but I hope it didn't damage my retina even though it was only for a second. Did I ever mention how much I HATE to weld? I also managed to catch my good laptop on fire last night, so now I am down to just the netbook. I also have no A/C anymore in my truck ( evaporator core and compressor clutch), and it has been 95 degrees out with 90+% humidity every day. Sadly, it needs around $300-500 in parts to fix it and I simply do not have the cash to do it. So, I will just have to wait until I can buy a new car in about three months. Right now it looks like that new car will be a Yaris as it is the only small car out there with a timing chain engine, 30-35mpg in the city ( which owners actually seem to get), and a price tag I can justify ($12k or less). As for the house, this year I have had to do drywall, a new back porch roof, fix a pool crack, fix the pool plumbing, fix the pool deck concrete, paint it, replace the ceiling fans, replace the kitchen light fixture ( $20- yay IKEA!), replace the refrigerator, repair the front lawn and I am finishing fresh paint inside and out. I still have to texture the walls where I repaired them, paint and install the new shudders, replace the interior light switches and wall sockets ( going to white), replace the interior doors, replace all the door hardware, replace all the outside lights, replace a rotted fascia board and rescreen the front porch and pool. I am trying to get as much of it done as possible by August as that is the earliest I can hope to refinance the house using FHA. Anyhow... that's what's been going on. I'll post some more updates in the future, but right now I need to update my welder post. I will post pics tonight if it doesn't manage to make me blind by then.

JBreu

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2008
Livonia, New York
Welcome back..Your PEEPS missa ya :D

IhaveNoPantsOn

Greasemonkey
Feb 22, 2009
Holyoke, MA
Good to have you back. Glad to hear everything is relatively well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor