where to buy fabric?

Status
Not open for further replies.

garyl24

Apprentice
Jan 15, 2009
southern illinois
i am wanting to try and reupholster my doors but unsure where to buy the fabric at. i looked at walmart but i dont really want the inside of the car to look like a damn blanket, LOL. thanks

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
For stock materials, try http://www.smsautofabrics.com. They had the OEM fabric for my car when I checked, but at around $75 per yard, it definitely wasn't cheap! For a more generic material, try your local Jo-Ann Fabrics. I go there for my headliners, and glue them up using 3-M General Purpose Upholstery adhesive ( DO NOT USE WHAT JO-ANN SELLS!!!) that I get at Wal Mart. If all you want is a vinyl to make door panels from, they would have that so long as you are not too picky on an exact color or grain pattern. There are also companies offering direct fit seat upholstery for our cars, but I do not remember where I saw it. It was far from cheap, as our cars have much nicer interiors than the old all vinyl ones in a GTO or Chevelle.

I just did a little tutorial on headliners in my build thread, if that would help. For the doors, I decided I could not afford to do them right now, but will probably do them in the future when I swap out the seats for buckets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor