Where to buy new weatherstripping

Status
Not open for further replies.

87 GN

Greasemonkey
Feb 14, 2009
Philly Area
I am looking for new weatherstripping for the front and rear doors. I prefer NOS GM, at least for the front doors. Any one know where I can purchase it?

Also for the rear seal, I have read to use a seal from a Plymouth Voyager, anyone know what year?

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
87 GN said:
I am looking for new weatherstripping for the front and rear doors. I prefer NOS GM, at least for the front doors. Any one know where I can purchase it?

Also for the rear seal, I have read to use a seal from a Plymouth Voyager, anyone know what year?
=========================================================================================================
I can't recommend where to buy your door seals from, but I've heard that Soffseal is supposed to be a good replacement. I've also heard Metro mentioned, but can't vouch for their quality either way. Perhaps a few of the guys will recommend what their choices are.

As for the rear hatch seal. I'm currently using the Voyager/ Caravan rear hatch seal. It doesn't look like the OEM part, it has a thinner profile, but it seals well. The recommended years I believe are '90-'98...somewhere around there.
Here's a pic of what it looks like. They're easy enough to find in almost any boneyard...and cheap compared to the OEM seal.
Happy hunting.
MVC-618S-1.jpg

1983mailbuwagon

Greasemonkey
Nov 26, 2009
soffseal has the front and
rear door seals and the outer
windowfelts for your vehicle.
part 5036 front door seals $89.00 pr
part 5038 rear door seals $89.00 pr
part 5148 outer felts $103.50 set
you may view our catalog
and order parts on-line at
www.soffseal.com.

thats is all that is made at this moment. if your looking for a tailgate seal. no more stock at gm

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
The last place that carried OEM rear hatch/tailgate seals was Dixie Monte Carlo. They had very few of them available, and the price was upward of $100.00 if I recall.
The beltline tailgate seal has been unavailable for quite some time...and no one reproduces them. Your best bet with those is to find a good used one and coat it with a good protectorant to help prolong it's longevity.

SLICK79WGN

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2008
LaPorte,Tx
if you are looking for aftermarket seals for the doors check out www.rockauto.com they are the best price I have found about 76 bucks plus the ride for the front and 76 for the back

METRO Part # LM16SW
Rear Molded Door Seals. For 4-door wagon only, with RWD. Pair R&L

METRO Part # LM16S {Door Mounted}
Front Molded Door Seals. For 4-door sedan and wagon. Pair R&L

SLICK79WGN

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2008
LaPorte,Tx
jack is the seal for the slider door or the back cargo door on the minivan?

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
I got the Metros that Charlie mentioned from Rockauto. Haven't installed them yet but as soon as the snow is gone for good, on they go. Then I'll need to do the rear hatch as well. Jack, does the Plymouth install just like the GM?

SLICK79WGN

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2008
LaPorte,Tx
cool let me know how they new rubbers fit as I need a set as well

carmangary

G-Body Guru
Oct 13, 2009
I like this thread because I need some for my Cutlass Cruiser. I might go to the junkyard looking for rear hatches seals from Plymouth Voyagers. I will also make a note if there are more available (that what I get) in case anyone here is interested in my getting some.

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Charlie,
The tailgate seal from the Voyager or Caravan rear hatch door. Haven't seen you on here in a while. Hope all is well with you.

Mark,
The MOPAR minivan seal installs just like the OEM seal, only that the profile is different. *See my pic on this thread.
There's an extra foot or so on the minivan seal which really helps facilitate a good fit on our wagons.

These vehicles are quite common in the boneyards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor