Where to buy new weatherstripping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Thank's Jack. That's what I need, as I've got the dreaded drip from the top.

carmangary

G-Body Guru
Oct 13, 2009
I went to the junkyard and got a piece off of a Caravan or a Voyager. Can't remember. I looked at a bunch of different Voyagers and Caravans. There were probably 20 to choose from. No shortage. Some of them had different profiles but I found some just like in the above picture. There was a foot or two extra just like was said above. One end of the rubber has a piece sticking out that inserts into the other end. Don't cut that end off like I did. LOL.

The junkyard charged me $1.50 for it by the way. Not bad at all.

Attachments

• frame.JPG
    frame.JPG
    80 KB · Views: 234

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
carmangary said:
I went to the junkyard and got a piece off of a Caravan or a Voyager. Can't remember. I looked at a bunch of different Voyagers and Caravans. There were probably 20 to choose from. No shortage. Some of them had different profiles but I found some just like in the above picture. There was a foot or two extra just like was said above. One end of the rubber has a piece sticking out that inserts into the other end. Don't cut that end off like I did. LOL.

The junkyard charged me $1.50 for it by the way. Not bad at all.
==========================================================================================================
Gary,
I believe the years of Voyager/Caravan are mid '90's or so. Or whatever looks like it will do the job. Hey, at $1.50 you can't go wrong. I paid a whopping $4.00 for mine...still not a bad deal. You done well.
And yes, don't cut off that extra piece that inserts into the other end. Good point.

SLICK79WGN

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2008
LaPorte,Tx
Thanks Jack, and yes all is well just been really swamped at work been pulling 80+ hr weeks for over a month now :roll: but I am collecting quite a pile of new parts for the wagon 8)

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
SLICK79WGN said:
Thanks Jack, and yes all is well just been really swamped at work been pulling 80+ hr weeks for over a month now :roll: but I am collecting quite a pile of new parts for the wagon 8)
==========================================================================================================
Charlie,
Glad to hear that all is well...besides working long hours. Collecting a stockpile of parts is a good thing. Nothing like having the needed parts on hand rather than searching for them last minute when you discover you need them.
Talk to you soon.

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
I know I said as soon as the snow melts but here it is in the 90's. :roll: Anyway I installed the Metro's and I'd give them a B+ for looks, a C- for fit. All fit the shape of the door perfectly, but only 1 out of the 4 did the pins fit perfectly. 2 of the 4 a few of the pins were of by 1", no biggie. But the last 1 must have been made on a Friday afternoon, Dec. 31st. After the first pin went in, ALL pins were off by an inch to 2 inches, like it was for a different car. I just cut a slit and repositioned the pins and relied on the 3M weatherstrip adhesive to hold it in place anyway. The top rail fit very nicely though. They weren't cheap and all I can say is they were available for the wagon and I jumped at them. The doors are hard to close now and they said give it a day or so and it will fit better after it "gasses out".

MR442

G-Body Guru
Apr 1, 2010
Back woods Central PA
There is a supplieer on eBAy From Pa that had GN stuff they have seals made for GM but never purchased. (more or less) Was told they fit nice. They also have Monte stuff trunk intior kits, etc

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
That sucks you had a bad pair like that Bonnewagon...

I put a set of Metro's seals on my Cutlass wagon and they fit perfect, but there's still one little leak right at the top of the drivers door, which drips convieniently on my leg...

dirtywhiteboy

Master Mechanic
Jan 6, 2009
Mount Solon, VA
Pretty sure that is what I used too.

Mine fit great, except on the top of the drivers door @ front corner it folds over funny and I expect a leak there

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Well they shrunk a bit like the instructions said they would and the doors close nicely. No leaks so far, so even with the extra work I am pretty happy- no more wind and rain blowing past my ear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor