carnutjw

G-Body Guru
Sep 17, 2017

gbodytoys

G-Body Guru
May 1, 2014
Detroit, MI
I just dont want to buy one thats done so to speak

I understand, but the car isn't done unless you say that it's done. It could be perfect to me and you can be ready to tear it all apart. As others have said, some of the best deals you'll find are from people that have already done the bodywork to a vehicle.

Reactions: 1 user

McGillicutty

Greasemonkey
Jan 31, 2018
Oshawa, Ontario
I watched various on line sources for a whole year before I bought. There seem to be times of year (at least around here) like winter when folks don't list so many older cars. Spring time, new listings, and some cars from the previous fall that have come around again at a lower price. If you can wait, you should be able to find some suitable choices, on CL or anywhere.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Have cash and be ready to pounce.
Bring a mirror, flashlight, and maybe a creeper or a large piece of cardboard. (Locally known as an Espanola Creeper - for all the lowriders, that's all that fits)
Inspect:
Floorpan
Rocker panels
Bottoms of the doors
Frame rails from above the rear axle and back
Bottom of the radiator support, especially under the battery
Under the rear window
Front of the hood
Vinyl top? Move on.

If you're really serious, look south or southwest. Five days of towing beats five years of bodywork.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 5 users

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC

around here, the cutties are pretty common... get a shipping quote, you could maybe have them shipped by rail to a yard near you...

Tuffregal83

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2016
Lockport, Il
Just take your time and get what you want but start with southern or west cars less rust to deal with

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Dayzedandkonfuzed

G-Body Guru
Feb 9, 2010
Anglemont, BC
How far you willing to go? My 85 cutty is for sale, but I'm about 6 hours away. You could say it's "done" but nothing crazy. Might even entertain selling as a roller

Reactions: 1 user

Squirrelsmith

Apprentice
Dec 7, 2019
How far you willing to go? My 85 cutty is for sale, but I'm about 6 hours away. You could say it's "done" but nothing crazy. Might even entertain selling as a roller

I saw that and its not too far but im avoiding the vinyl tops

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor