Where to find doors for my car????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 23, 2009
Vancouver,B.C, Canada
Hey everyone im new to the site and i have a question hope someone can help me out!

I have a 83 buick regal limited that i bought when i was 16 and now i finally have time to restore it all i need is a drivers door because mine is tottaly rusted out and i was wondering if anyone knows where i could find one of these doors cause it seems that nobody makes reproduction doors for these cars. Any help is good help thanks alot!!

Jay

jerrycad472

Master Mechanic
Nov 11, 2006
Detroit, MI
You will have to look for good used doors, check this site, check your local Craigs List. You might also ask around to see if there is anyone in your area that brings loads of parts from the south or west. That is how I got mine, they were $300 each 5 years ago, but completely rust free from Arizona

There is a place called Desert Dog Autoparts that operates out of Illinois, I believe they bring parts in from out west.

Incase you did not know this, Cutlass and Regal doors are the same so you can look for Cutlass doors too.

Good Luck.

hp3445

Greasemonkey
Jan 9, 2009
Southern New Jersey
Just to let you know.. it took me almost a whole year searching the internet every day to find a set of Regal doors.. that includes Cutlass doors also.. there is such a misconception that they are all over the place. I found a set of gutted doors in Cali for around $500 each and then I would have to pick them up..one problem I live in NJ.. so that was out.. my thought was to get the bottom door skin and welding them on at the local shop... it would still cost around $500 a door and then they would still have to be blocked, primed and painted.

I finally got my doors from a cash 4 clunkers car. Yes they were in great shape and the car was on it's way to the local fire department so the "vollies" could practice poping off the doors with the jaws of life. :doh:

. I got the doors complete for $100 each and the firemen will have to practice on another clunker..it was such a shame because the car was nice and solid.. no rust.. nice clean interior.. it was owned by some old lady that wanted a newer car..

So one of two things... look at the salvage yards and make a deal with them or you will have to buy the lower skins and tack and finish them .. Unless you can find a whole car out there with decent doors..

I was at a local swap meet where a big name body replacement vendor was on hand.. He had the balls to say that the Regal style was too new and not enough people requested that particular part. :wtf: Maybe oneday we will rate to get door skins made..

IrvJr

Apprentice
Jan 24, 2009
Orlando
I have 2 sets of regal doors. Not rust free but in good shape to start with and have redone. PM me and let me know if you are still in need.

deanz406

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 31, 2007
Latrobe,Pa
It would help if u had ur location in ur avatar. I have several sets of Regal/ Cutlass doors. Let us know ur location-- :doh:

boblem73

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 5, 2009
Roseville, Michigan
83buickregal said:
Hey everyone im new to the site and i have a question hope someone can help me out!

I have a 83 buick regal limited that i bought when i was 16 and now i finally have time to restore it all i need is a drivers door because mine is tottaly rusted out and i was wondering if anyone knows where i could find one of these doors cause it seems that nobody makes reproduction doors for these cars. Any help is good help thanks alot!!

Jay

I have two doors from a 85 Buick regal limited that are in good condition. Let me know if you still are looking for doors and let me know were you are located.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor