Where to mount the battery cut-off Monte

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazcnuk

Apprentice
Aug 26, 2011
Hinton, AB
Wondering where everyone mounts thier battery cut-off, for NHRA rules?

My Monte doesn't have an open space on the back to drill a hole for the switch. The trunk lid comes down over the trunk tub.

I don't really want to hang it under the bumper, where all the water and dirt live.

GhettoRacingKid

G-Body Guru
Jul 15, 2010
79 monte here..

I put mine on the license plate pocket. Im not 100% sure if its NHRA legal since its not the farthest part of the car but its easily accessible

454cutlass

Master Mechanic
Sep 1, 2009
mass
i belive for it to be nhra legal it has to be mounted above the bumper and not hidden behind anything. this is only if you relocate the battery. if in stock location you do not need a cut off switch

GhettoRacingKid

G-Body Guru
Jul 15, 2010
go buy a new car... lol jk

Ok irefreshed my memory of the back of the car. you dont really have a good spot. I would either do a push pull threw the license plate or the tail light. or if you really wanted to on the licnese plate. but then again. thats if you run a cell and dont need to gas up

4aebb6ff.jpg

Crazcnuk

Apprentice
Aug 26, 2011
Hinton, AB
I still use the stock gas tank. With the trunk lid coming down over the turnk tub, it really limits where it can go.

My car is still street legal, so not going to put it in the tail lights. I have a rotary,switch, but may have to trade it for a push pull type.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor