Where to put he PCV valve Buick 350.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
I can't remember which brand offhand, but I even saw a chrome open element style air cleaner that had a punch out located on the base so you could run the breather element just like a stock air cleaner. Obviously the maker knew the value of a 2 stage PCV system.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
So, what goes in the valve cover then if the PCV valve is on the intake? No baffles in valve covers.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa

G_Body_Enthusiast

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Feb 28, 2005
Louisville, kentucky
No, a grommet goes into the valve cover and a 90 degree nipple is inserted into the grommet. The hose is then pushed onto the nipple and the other end goes into the back of the breather that goes into the air cleaner. Since I have a Buick v6 the setup should be similar to a buick 350 if not identical. If pictures will help I'll see about putting some up for you look at.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
The pictures would help greatly. My V6 is currently half torn apart, and the pcv stuff was taken off by previous owner. Probably part of the reason it died.):

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
So, my PCV valve would just be on the intake instead of the driver's VC? OK. Makes sense. On the Buick only one valve cover has holes. One for oil fill and other for grommet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor