wheres your msd box

Status
Not open for further replies.

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia
ok guys where are your msd boxes mounted. pics would be great, especially if you still have the ac/heater box

565bbchevy

Geezer
G-Body of the Month
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I have my 7AL-3 mounted to the inside of my glove box that I modified to fit it along with a noise filter, with no underneath cover for ventilation when the door is closed, my coil is mounted on the inside of the heater case and I also have a programable timing computer in my pass side kick panel where the factory computer used to be.

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
I have a BTM box witch is smaller than a true MSD ignition box, it just a boost timing retard box. It fits in the stock computer kick panel perfectly. It stays dry, warm and clean in there. Plus its hidden. :D

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia
anyone have there box mounted under the hood? i was thinking on one of the fenders or the driver side inner fender

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia

565bbchevy

Geezer
G-Body of the Month
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
mebe007 said:
anyone have there box mounted under the hood? i was thinking on one of the fenders or the driver side inner fender
I think they look alot cleaner if you can hide them in the interior plus it keeps them away from all that engine heat, I even have my coil hidden inside my fiberglass heater case.

chevy2480

Royal Smart Person
Apr 28, 2010
williamstown nj 08094
My msd box is mounted to bottom side of dash where ashtray would be. A buddy of mine has his mounted on fender well right where battery location would be but on drivers fender. Not a good spot though his got wet a few times and had to be replaced.

Johnnychrome

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 24, 2012
Northeast Ohio, USA
0916111420.jpg

Probably doesn't do ya any good if you still have the HVAC box, but this is mine, soon to be mounted in the same basic location but I'd like to mount it INSIDE the passenger compartment. I want to isolate the components from heat a little better and I'm trying to clean the firewall up a bit too. I also plan to use a floor mounted Wilwood master cylinder that will pretty much clean the other side of the firewall up as well.

Rocket

Greasemonkey
Oct 18, 2011
Reserve Mines, NS
^^^I run a 6AL on my '87 and a Digital 6 on my fathers '79, in the same spot as above

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor