Which cam for carb LS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dinosport

G-Body Guru
Jul 20, 2015
Ct
My honest opinion on this is go with a cam that will be efi friendly. I am a little torn on wether Im going EFI or carb for reasons too long to list here. I was looking into cams and figured even if I go carb I would stick with a cam good for EFI because If I swap it later I wont have to worry about the tuning nightmare of having a carb cam set up or having to buy another cam. Its going to be a personal preference I think. If your going carb and you know your going to keep it carb or dont mind having to swap the cam later then go for it, If there's any chance that you may decide to swap to efi at some point and dont want to switch cams again then keep that in mind when you pick a cam

Reactions: 1 user

Bar50

Royal Smart Person
Jan 1, 2009
Tulsa, OK
I did a Comp Cams XR273 HR-12 in a 5.3 with an Edelbrock intake, 750 vacuum secondary carb, 700R4, 3.73s and headers.

It was stuffed into a 1969 Nova. Good thump, plenty of thrust, worked with the GN/Turbo Buick stall (2250).

Reactions: 1 user

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
I did a Comp Cams XR273 HR-12 in a 5.3 with an Edelbrock intake, 750 vacuum secondary carb, 700R4, 3.73s and headers.

It was stuffed into a 1969 Nova. Good thump, plenty of thrust, worked with the GN/Turbo Buick stall (2250).
I like the specs on that cam. Nice recommendation!
Cam Specs.JPG

Bar50

Royal Smart Person
Jan 1, 2009
Tulsa, OK
Bar50 what mufflers did you have on that Nova when you did the video?

It has long tube headers with 2.5 inch pipe and Flowmasters 40s or 44s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor