which carb is better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxtrot

Royal Smart Person
Dec 19, 2008
USA
I was not intending to say that you specifically were "religious" on the topic but just wanted to read peoples thoughts...

tumtum

Apprentice
Nov 11, 2008
foxtrot_lima_bravo said:
I was not intending to say that you specifically were "religious" on the topic but just wanted to read peoples thoughts...
ya i know

foxtrot

Royal Smart Person
Dec 19, 2008
USA
I'm just installed a Stage II Quadrajet from Jet and don't know why they didn't change out the Thexton idle mixture screws with slotted ones?

dan2286

Royal Smart Person
Mar 25, 2008
Cleveland, Ohio
foxtrot_lima_bravo said:
I'm just installed a Stage II Quadrajet from Jet and don't know why they didn't change out the Thexton idle mixture screws with slotted ones?

Over all how is it??

foxtrot

Royal Smart Person
Dec 19, 2008
USA
I'll let you know once I get the car started. :) I had a 50% chance to find the compression stroke of cyl 1 when I dropped the distributor in because I did not have the valve cover off or my finger in the spark plug hole. Of course Murphy found me and I founf tdc of the exhaust stroke, so I have redo it once the wife gets back home to watch the kids. :)

tumtum

Apprentice
Nov 11, 2008
my uncle says he jetted the original carb i was talkin about to 700 cfm so im gona throw it on and see how it runs and then ill let you guys know whats happens

dan2286

Royal Smart Person
Mar 25, 2008
Cleveland, Ohio
foxtrot_lima_bravo said:
I guess that I jinxed myself with my original comments about “all carbs are great”. The Stage II 750 CFM Qjet had a stuck float and nothing good can come from that. I borrowed a 600 cfm Edlebrach carb from a friend to get the car running. I think that the 600 cfm carb is too small for my olds 403 that has ported heads, performer cam/intake and flat top pistons (turns out that I got flat top pistons after all and not the dish ones)… Also should note that I’m running 2004r with 3.73 rears. Nonetheless the car still goes like a “raped ape”! I’m going to have to figure out how to get that Qjet running because I think that the 750 cfm will be better for my combo.

I kinda had a feeling that there would be some kinda problems. I think its something you have to worry about when getting stuff from big companies like that.

If you want to take another shot with a Q jet, try Sparkys. They build the carb based off of your engine specs, so it will be a perfect match. I have heard nothing but great things about these guys.

http://www.sparkyscarbs.com/

leftrightother

Apprentice
Mar 14, 2009
Canada
dan2286 said:
foxtrot_lima_bravo said:

Over all how is it??

I have the same carb and have ran it for a year and a half now and I think it is really good. Performs well and saves me a few bucks at the gas pump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor