Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 24, 2018
good luck with it...………….

O

oldolds

Greasemonkey
May 17, 2017
pine city/rosaila washington
i have a 1980 olds calais and was thinking of swapping over to fuel injection. the old system is all messed up,it was at a friends house and they were working on the carb and left it open for the night and some kid tried to steal it and got it down the driveway before it caught on fire, melting the vacuum lines and the carb and the dist. cap they managed to get the fire out but not before damaging the wires and such. the engine and trans are out of a 85 cutlass with rebuilt heads and less than a thousand miles on it. i got the car in exchange for fixing his truck up.

Reactions: Injectedcutty
Injectedcutty

Injectedcutty

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Thanks, the car will be really plain. Grey paint with all chrome/stainless removed and a black&grey interior so I wanted to do something different under the hood
What are you doing for trim?

J

Jweb

Apprentice
Oct 20, 2018
Salem, OR
What are you doing for trim?
I removed all of the stainless trim I could, rockers, upper door edge, rear hood edge and fender trim.
The only pieces left should be around the windows, the hood center and headlight trim. I'm thinking of painting those black but haven't decided yet.
I also removed the chrome from the bumpers and they will be painted body color.

Injectedcutty

Injectedcutty

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
I removed all of the stainless trim I could, rockers, upper door edge, rear hood edge and fender trim.
The only pieces left should be around the windows, the hood center and headlight trim. I'm thinking of painting those black but haven't decided yet.
I also removed the chrome from the bumpers and they will be painted body color.
Gotcha, similar to my 87 then. I had mine powdercoated black for durability, removed the bumperettes and bumpers were sprayed hotrod black. All plastic trim(grilles, taillight surround, etc) was sprayed with SEM trim black...
20181225_122651.jpg

J

Jweb

Apprentice
Oct 20, 2018
Salem, OR
Gotcha, similar to my 87 then. I had mine powdercoated black for durability, removed the bumperettes and bumpers were sprayed hotrod black. All plastic trim(grilles, taillight surround, etc) was sprayed with SEM trim black...View attachment 102361
That's exactly what I was going for, hadn't seen yours. I really like that.

I removed the bumperettes also. Wish I would have spent the money for the cowl hood

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck ConsolesDixie Restoration DepotMike's MontesP-S-TSouthside Machine PerformanceUMI Performance

contact[email protected]for info on becoming a sponsor