Who has put LQ9/LQ4 in a gbody

Status
Not open for further replies.

mobileaudio25

G-Body Guru
Jan 12, 2012
columbus, ohio
i have my 2005 LQ9 6.0L and a 4l80e ready to drop into my Malibu once I get it back from the machine shop.

Who has put a 6.0L into a gbody using the stock truck accessories and truck intake?

I’ve read where people have dropped them in without any issues, some people say the alternator is too high and needs to be relocated. Some people say the power steering pump pulley interferes with the steering gear box, and a smaller pulley can be used to make it not interfere. What is your personal experience?

What engine mounts were you using and I’m also looking for any tips or tricks people have figured out to make them fit. I don’t want to have to buy new accessories and brackets if I do not have to. Thanks

g9s8r

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 25, 2018
Looking to do something similar with a regal. Any updates to your questions?

g9s8r

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 25, 2018
im doing this on my 84 regal too its in the process of getting completed now just waiting on fuel pump
I'd love to get some feedback from you when you get this done. I don't want to trial and error an install like this. Feel free to dm me or if you start a thread let me know. FYI. Im doing an 84 as well so your experience doing it would be great.
**Sorry for the thread hijack**

Emmanuel cuellar

G-Body Guru
Aug 8, 2017
I'd love to get some feedback from you when you get this done. I don't want to trial and error an install like this. Feel free to dm me or if you start a thread let me know. FYI. Im doing an 84 as well so your experience doing it would be great.
**Sorry for the thread hijack**
its all good and i did start a thread on it its under 1984 buick regal gn clone i believe i have a few pics on there and all

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor