who is right

Status
Not open for further replies.

500/600

Royal Smart Person
Nov 17, 2018
West Virginia
Would you build a house and rely on nails and screws to support the weight? or the foundation and footings because that’s the difference between lug centric and hub centric

I’m not sure what you are trying to say, but if it’s that you don’t need the rings with either hubcentric or lugcentric wheels the I agree with you.

1bad79

Royal Smart Person
Dec 3, 2011
Allendale mi
This is hard to do while grocery shopping I just ran into an end cap With the cart 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

500/600

Royal Smart Person
Nov 17, 2018
West Virginia
This is hard to do while grocery shopping I just ran into an end cap With the cart 😂

Awesome. Keep it between the lines before you run over an innocent old lady!

• Haha

1bad79

Royal Smart Person
Dec 3, 2011
Allendale mi
I’m not sure what you are trying to say, but if it’s that you don’t need the rings with either hubcentric or lugcentric wheels the I agree with you.
What I’m saying is the load is carried through the center of the wheel being on the ring of the axle to the inside of the wheel instead of solely relying on the lugnuts and studs You’re also using the ring to transfer Load to the ground The same as a house you transfer a load from the roof to the walls from the walls to the foundation the foundation to the footing You’re not just relying on the nails and screws to hold the house together if that makes sense

500/600

Royal Smart Person
Nov 17, 2018
West Virginia
I’d just like to see the OP actually buy the wheels first. I believe it was discussed originally a couple of months ago and still stand by what I said then, if Vette Rallys fit (and they are on about a million G-bodies) then these will fit. I’m not sure how much confirmation he needs. But if you ask enough times you’re bound to start getting conflicting information.

1bad79

Royal Smart Person
Dec 3, 2011
Allendale mi
So In short the rings or center of the wheels help transfer load from the car to the ground instead of only through the lug if that makes sense

1bad79

Royal Smart Person
Dec 3, 2011
Allendale mi
I’d just like to see the OP actually buy the wheels first. I believe it was discussed originally a couple of months ago and still stand by what I said then, if Vette Rallys fit (and they are on about a million G-bodies) then these will fit. I’m not sure how much confirmation he needs. But if you ask enough times you’re bound to start getting conflicting information.
I didn’t know it had been asked before

500/600

Royal Smart Person
Nov 17, 2018
West Virginia
I didn’t know it had been asked before

If the search function had been used, in the ‘wheel’ section, “my new hurst dazzlers” by BlueBullet87 would have popped up and this whole thread would have been unnecessary.

Search and Google are our friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor