Wholesale engines

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacobdavis1979

G-Body Guru
Feb 18, 2011
Whats up guys ive been wanting to find a good 350 short block for so i dont have to deal with the machine shop and what not. I was on ebay and this company wholesale engines has a few short blocks that say 395+ hp for $699 to $799 maybe more options these are just what ive found.

Has anyone here ordered from their site or is it a bad idea?

bygddy

Apprentice
Mar 8, 2014
Not saying good or bad, i have bought and used plenty of "too good to be true" stuff from eBay, some with great success, some not so much. For a motor.....I personally would steer clear of a deal like that....and I'm the cheapest sum btch I know....very little info available on the net, which isn't bad or good, means the guys buying them don't wanna hear "I told you so" if they go sideways, and the ones that are good people rarely comment on. Small review I could find but its mostly "he said she said"
http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wholesale ... mak-342537

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
check some local machine shops,you might find a 350 that was built for a customer who laid down a deposit and never paid the remaining balance.

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
$800 for a 395hp engine? No way dude. You cant even get a set of aluminum heads for that. I would steer clear and find a reputable machine shop that has something laying around from another customer or just do what you can do over time to eventually have a complete engine thats built good and offers more peace of mind.

williamattop

Master Mechanic
Apr 9, 2014
Appleton WI
If someone buys a motor that was built locally, any potential issues could be addressed locally. This alone might be worth the few extra $$$ to many including myself.

Im sure there are some quality builders out there that stand by their work and ship cross country, but Ive heard too many horror stories to be comfortable spending my hard earned $$$ in such a manner.

rccktmn2

Greasemonkey
Mar 11, 2008
Paulding Ohio
Where are you located? Harts machine shop in cecil ohio is where I usually get most of my engine machining done and I have also bought short blocks from them before and they are very reputable. They also take things on trade. The other place I would recommend is http://www.ohiocrank.com/home.html they also have short blocks to complete engines along with just about any part you would want for an engine. Both reputable places that do good work, personally I wouldn't buy it if I didn't know the place or if they place was not close to me. Ebay it seems everyone has a different opinion on so the choice is yours.

jacobdavis1979

G-Body Guru
Feb 18, 2011
Im in missouri south of springfield.
And the only machine shop that i thought was good around here has screwed my buddy pretty bad 3 times in a row so il have to look around. Thanks for the info guys i dont think im gonna buy from wholesale

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor