Why do so many people delete their a/c boxes? Any regrets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lsx80monte

Greasemonkey
Apr 12, 2012
Just like the title says. Just wondering because I restore a lot of the older classic car a/c boxes and sell them online. A lot of guys back then were deleting their a/c out of their cars and now that people are restoring these cars they want it back original. Do ghost guys not care so.much about a/c cause I sure as hell do.

Re: Why do so many people delete their a/c boxes?

The most common reason I hear is because its too expensive either the parts to fix it right or the cost of R12/R134A. Or they want to clean up the engine bay.

I love room and only drive my car in the summer so mine is going. I already took out all the hoses, compressor, condencer, power steering, smog. Room to work is a wonderfull thing.

lsx80monte said:
Just like the title says. Just wondering because I restore a lot of the older classic car a/c boxes and sell them online. A lot of guys back then were deleting their a/c out of their cars and now that people are restoring these cars they want it back original. Do ghost guys not care so.much about a/c cause I sure as hell do.
need the room (hp over comfort for now) and upgrading the ac/relocating under the dash after all said and done

Most remove them for more HP, and to clean up the engine bay......I removed mine and bought the a/c delete panel and the drip pan as well.....But I do regret it as I live in western N.Y. and the defroster is missed..But that's a problem I can deal with as it's a street/strip car....But for the G-Body cars, I would reccomend trying to find a non-a/c set up or even check out acdelete.com to tidy things up... 🙂

I just got rid of the stock box and moved the evaporator inside the car. Street cars should have A/C!

I never used it and never would anyways don't have no need fir it.

i started to delete mine, boy im glad i didnt. im looking for some ac parts. if any body has any PM me. compresser, lines, condensor, brackets, ect....... for cutlass 455 BBO

FE3X CLONE said:
I just got rid of the stock box and moved the evaporator inside the car. Street cars should have A/C!
do you have pics of it in your thread?

Bowiemontecarlo86 said:
I never used it and never would anyways don't have no need fir it.
Oh my god i must be getting soft as I get older or its getting hotter. one of the two cause lately Ive been running around town during the middle of the day and dam if I dont have to take an extra shirt with to change cause my whole back is wet with sweat. Almost feels like when I was in texas. Thats why my a/c is going back this upcoming week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor