Will it work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dinosport

G-Body Guru
Jul 20, 2015
Ct
Hi guys. So it looks like I'm getting a 6.0 ltr out of a 2014 2500. Yeah!! I'll have to swap out the but and stuff. I know where to get that. Anyways the motor doesn't have any accessories. Water pump, alt, etc. so I'm wondering if anybody knows if the accessories from an Ls1 will bolt up? If so will I need the balancer as well or are they different?

Dinosport

G-Body Guru
Jul 20, 2015
Ct
I agree on the getting the parts from the same car. it should make it easier to get the right belt and stuff. Where would you preferably try to source the accessories from? I want the A/C too. I dont know if I could make my compressor work with that set changing the pulley if possible if I should use another compressor. I guess I have alot of homework to do. lol. Good thing is the 350 runs good so Im in no rush. I can take my time and get it right.

V8 Rumble

Royal Smart Person
Jan 7, 2010
Connecticut
If you want new, hooker has the accessory brackets where the ac and alternator go on top. My friend used on his nova it is a great kit but a bit pricey.

The truck accessories should work well too. A few here have used them while still having good clearance under the hood.

Dinosport

G-Body Guru
Jul 20, 2015
Ct
Lmc what happens, see I just know a guy that has about 4 ls1's, in fact the whole cars. So I may be getting a super killer deal on everything sinece I have something he wants and cant afford. Its good to be a tool guy when your a car guy. lol

Dinosport

G-Body Guru
Jul 20, 2015
Ct
Ok so it's pretty definite I'm getting the 6.0. It has vvti so I'll need a cam, sprocket, cover etc. I'll figure that out later for now what I'm looking to find out is does anybody do an ls swap and keep the AC box? I can't find a pic of an ls swap with the AC box intact. I plan to keep the AC being I have eliminated it off of every other project car I've had and then just watch them sit there in the summer cause my wife and kids won't ride in it. Lol.
And also it doesn't have any of the accessories, I have a connection for the whole package from an ls1 but I was told I need to notch the frame for that to work, anybody have a pic of where? Or where off of what car or truck will I better sourcing that from for a better fit.
Thanks.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I am curious why all the accessories etc. are already missing on your donor 2014 2500 ?

V8 Rumble

Royal Smart Person
Jan 7, 2010
Connecticut
I mentioned in my earlier post that in the ls1 the alternator sits low so it will require notching the frame. It was my mistake it's the ac that sits low in front of the passenger side mount. That would require the frame to be notch for the ac compressor to clear.

This could work for you but more than you want to spend probably http://www.kwikperf.com/lsx_ac.html

Dinosport

G-Body Guru
Jul 20, 2015
Ct
I am curious why all the accessories etc. are already missing on your donor 2014 2500 ?
The motor was pulled out of a 2500 hd for the oil pump recall. Supposedly, this motor passed but they replaced it anyway. After sitting there for long enough and chevy never called looking for the core my buddy ended up with it. He was going to use it in a 2000 1500 he has but with a new baby and life he isnt going to do anything with it and we struck a deal on it. It only has 21k on it. all the accessories went back to the vehicle with the new motor. It was a steal for me. It has vvti so Ill have to deal with that but its worth it I think.

Dinosport

G-Body Guru
Jul 20, 2015
Ct
I mentioned in my earlier post that in the ls1 the alternator sits low so it will require notching the frame. It was my mistake it's the ac that sits low in front of the passenger side mount. That would require the frame to be notch for the ac compressor to clear.

This could work for you but more than you want to spend probably http://www.kwikperf.com/lsx_ac.html
Oh thats not a bad idea. I do want to keep the ac. Ill do a little more diggin on it, Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor