Will it work

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeremyandthemonte

G-Body Guru
Oct 20, 2014
Are you talking new style or old style? If it is a new style 6.0 it is going to be pretty hard since the security in the trucks are chipped to the key.

Vaughn3031

Greasemonkey
Jul 23, 2013
Sarnia, ontario
If you use the ls1 camaro/firebird you may have to notch the frame because the alternator sits at the bottom. The ls1 vette has them on top. Keeping the accessories from the same engine would be best for getting the belts and serviceable parts.

You don't have to notch the frame...case in point...below....
ls clearence.jpg

Dinosport

G-Body Guru
Jul 20, 2015
Ct
Nice Ls1 it is. I have a customer with the Ls1 accessories I know I can snatch for a killer deal. Ill just have to deal with the Ac issue.
Thanks guys. If any of you know which motor mount adapter will allow me to clear the ac box Lmk. A pic would be aw-some. Seems like most eliminate it. I want to keep the AC for the first project ever. lol.

Dinosport

G-Body Guru
Jul 20, 2015
Ct
Ok new question. I spoke to my buddy with the ls1's. He would give me the whole accessory package and the intake and wiring harness. I know the intake ports are different. My real question is more about the harness and ecu. Do you guys think I could make that work. The motor is a 2014 6.0.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor