Winshield wiper/washer ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
Ok, so here is a picture (1st pic), that I have of a spare motor and washer pump. I circled the 3 pigtail connections. Is yours like this? This comes from a car with Pulse wipers and yes has wires that you can see Red and Black, but I believe they all do have that. Now, here is something that I experienced a long time ago. ACDelco was offering a different looking, but functional, wiper/washer assy, but you had to splice in or use an electrical adapter to your current wire system to make it work. It looked like the 2nd picture on here. That one had NO wires inbetween, but appears to be only 2 pigtails.
View attachment 95277

2nd picture
View attachment 95278
where the little plastic window is on the 1st pic is where I have a 2 prong {3rd} connection . My hose connections are straight out , and the motor has no external wires showing .

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
Not it.
The L shaped connection in the pic has 3 prongs, in the L shape . mine has 3 prongs straight across the top of the L . On mine just below the L connection, (in some they show a small plastic window) I have a 2 prong slide on connection that lays flat. Oriellys sent mine to Dorman to have mine rebuilt. Apparently they're having a problem, they requested mi VIN . Mine has delay, if that makes a difference.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Ok, so here is a picture (1st pic), that I have of a spare motor and washer pump. I circled the 3 pigtail connections. Is yours like this? This comes from a car with Pulse wipers and yes has wires that you can see Red and Black, but I believe they all do have that. Now, here is something that I experienced a long time ago. ACDelco was offering a different looking, but functional, wiper/washer assy, but you had to splice in or use an electrical adapter to your current wire system to make it work. It looked like the 2nd picture on here. That one had NO wires inbetween, but appears to be only 2 pigtails.
View attachment 95277

2nd picture
View attachment 95278
The first pic is the early style A/G-body wiper motor. The second pic is the later type wiper motor which is wired differently than the early type, and is used with the wiper switch on the turn signal stalk as opposed to the dash mounted switch.

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
In the 1st pic , the 3 prongs in the L shape on top , mine are straight across . in that little window just below that , is where mine has the 2 prongs with a flat slide on connector .

455'ed80Regal

Master Mechanic
Nov 3, 2010
Lincoln, MO
Gotcha. I've seen the three prongs in the L and the 2 prongs in that little window. Never seen the 3 prongs that are normally in the L that are straight across.

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
Gotcha. I've seen the three prongs in the L and the 2 prongs in that little window. Never seen the 3 prongs that are normally in the L that are straight across.
Now you know my Fd up situation. Dorman has had it almost 2 weeks now. Waiting to hear from them.

455'ed80Regal

Master Mechanic
Nov 3, 2010
Lincoln, MO
Is there any difference in motors/pumps other than the connectors?

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
Is there any difference in motors/pumps other than the connectors?
Other than the connectors, of all the ones I've seen. My motor has no external wires showing like alot of them do.
I'm calling Oriellys later to see if they've heard anything after I finish spraying bed liner in the entire rear of my Elco wagon.

81Regal

Royal Smart Person
Apr 5, 2009
Terril Iowa
Do either of these look like yours?
20181003_174625.jpg
20181003_175011.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor