Winter in Texas Pics - Cutlass Snow Pics - HA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

81X11

Master Mechanic
Oct 28, 2010
Round Rock Texas
Re: Winter in Texas Pics - 80 yesterday, 29 today! Austin T

Ok here you go. Woke up to THIS today. City is shut down. Everyone is home....but the sun's out and it's all moving to the north. We got ice/snow, about 1-2 inches. Dallas got 7 inches and it's still coming down up there. As you can imagine people here have no idea how to handle this. The local news this morning is FUNNY, you'd think the world was ending. ; )

My kids were up at 7am jumping on our bed, my 9-year-old Eddie yelling SNOW DAY SNOW DAY....ugghh....and asking to go outside. Bundled them up, it's my 2-year-old son Tuck's first time to ever see snow, and our 12-year-old cocker spaniel is having a ball in it. ; )

Weird day in central Texas!
SnowDay017.jpg

SnowDay002.jpg

SnowDay003.jpg

SnowDay007.jpg

SnowDay009.jpg

SnowDay010.jpg

SnowDay011.jpg

SnowDay022.jpg

SnowDay021.jpg

SnowDay024.jpg

SnowDay027.jpg

SnowDay026.jpg

Stay warm all!

-Mike

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010

I wish we would've had a light dusting like that! :lol:

81X11

Master Mechanic
Oct 28, 2010
Round Rock Texas

The sun is out now and now it's a GORGEOUS day. Misty sent me to get breakfast....I could have taken her car, but FWD is no fun. Ha! The roads are solid white. It sleeted, then snowed, then sleeted again. Stuff is hard as a rock!

Suck these pics up! You wil rarely see ANY of my cars this dirty! AND I only did this because they do not salt the roads here....and will be washing the Cutlass and GP this afternoon anyway. If they salted here there is no way the Cutty would have left the garage.

They are saying it's going to get into the upper 30's this afternoon so all this crap will be gone pretty fast. It's supposed to be in the 60's this weekend, just in time for Cars and Coffee Sunday. Woo-Hoo.

Happy Friday all!

Roads around town
100_0538.jpg

100_0537.jpg

Had to stop for life's essentials!
100_0534.jpg

It's dirty! Look at the lower body! Yikes! Yikes!
100_0533.jpg

100_0532.jpg

100_0531.jpg

It's like driving on a ski slope.....smooth and blinding white in the sun!
100_0530.jpg

100_0526.jpg

T-top off! Suck it up! ahahahaha!
100_0539.jpg

Peter

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
MA

i remember my car in the snow the angles of the lower body throw snow onto the doors and it really does get more filthy so much quicker than most cars. although one good thing is the only place is really sits is the front lip of the rear quarter which is easy to get the crap out of so it's all good

81X11

Master Mechanic
Oct 28, 2010
Round Rock Texas

If they salted here I sure would not have been driving that car today! ; )

That said it'll be spotless by this afternoon. Will be pulling out the hose and wash bucket this afternoon for this and my wife's car.

-Mike

81X11

Master Mechanic
Oct 28, 2010
Round Rock Texas
Snow is totally gone here now. Was fun while it lasted. It got above freezing sometime around noon, and with all the sunshine got into the low 40s. Bye-Bye snow and ice! Streets are dry for the most part now too, just a few blobs that were snow men in yards this morning left. Hey I got my yard watered for free, thanks God! ; )

50's here tomorrow, 60's and possibly low 70's Sunday. Fingers are crossed, I'd like to have the t-tops off sometime this weekend.

That was my kinda winter event today. Hey it's pretty! Hey it's GONE!

Cutlass is cleaned up already, kicking myself for driving it. That was the dirtiest it's been since I bought it. Sun is going down so will tackle the Grand Prix tomorrow.

Don't know if there will be much of a turn-out for the Saturday cruise-in tomorrow night if it's only in the 50's, but should have a good group for Cars and Coffee Sunday.

Pics to folllow!

Stay safe and warm all!

-Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor