Winter in Texas Pics - Cutlass Snow Pics - HA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010
Re: Winter in Texas Pics - 80 yesterday, 29 today! Austin T

buickestate said:
Mike,this is the G body forum, not the Longroof forum, but since you posted pictures of your wagon I know where you got that decal, here is the first one that Bewber made at wagonfest 09,

I've always liked Buick mags on B-bodies, old and new. I'd love to find a '77 deuce two door.

81X11

Master Mechanic
Oct 28, 2010
Round Rock Texas

G-Body_Vet said:
buickestate said:
Mike,this is the G body forum, not the Longroof forum, but since you posted pictures of your wagon I know where you got that decal, here is the first one that Bewber made at wagonfest 09,

I've always liked Buick mags on B-bodies, old and new. I'd love to find a '77 deuce two door.

Well since I'm now totally of the G-body topic here are the pics of the 79 at my house. It's for sale too. $5000.00, it has 50K original miles and the big 6.6 403 Olds engine. Too many toys!

BensCars008.jpg

BensCars013.jpg

81X11

Master Mechanic
Oct 28, 2010
Round Rock Texas

buickestate said:

DSC01127.jpg

whats nice about Roadmaster wagons is pretty much the same as G bodies each one can be toyed with by their owners and end up looking good yet very different

DSC01118.jpg

DSC01116.jpg

now back to current events

662065_75-1.jpg

You know I'm proud of both my cars, but I'll try to stay on topic. I love my Roady and my Cutlass. ; )

81X11

Master Mechanic
Oct 28, 2010
Round Rock Texas

G-Body_Vet said:
81X11 said:
BUT the wind is supposed to change from north to south Friday afternoon, and it's supposed to be 65 on Saturday and possibly into the low 70's on Sunday, just in time for the Superbowl.

Ahahahahahahaha! Texas weather is insane.

-Mike

Must be nice! I'd be happy if it would just get to 40 and melt some of this crap! There's so much snow that there's not really anywhere else to shovel/plow/snowblow it. You know what it's like to not know where you're going to park when you get home? On top of that, the city is being so strict about spending money that they only plow the main streets anymore. The residential areas are f**ked!

I got nothing but respect for you folks up north. Have no idea how you put up with all that stuff. I'd be pissed if the city wasn't plowing residential streets too. I know you folks pay enough taxes. That's just nuts!

Stay safe and warm Bud!

-Mike

81X11

Master Mechanic
Oct 28, 2010
Round Rock Texas

Snow today in Texas! http://www.kvue.com/weather/ - Up to two inches, which has everyone freaked out, ha!. Wild wacky stuff.

It's even supposed to snow down at the gulf. Corpus Christi NEVER gets snow. They went ahead and shut down the schools for today and tomorrow down there, and it has not even started yet.

If we get a flake today the Austin schools will close early. May be working from home tomorrow.

Funny stuff! Nobody would blink over this back in Jersey. ; )

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010

81X11 said:
I got nothing but respect for you folks up north. Have no idea how you put up with all that stuff. I'd be pissed if the city wasn't plowing residential streets too. I know you folks pay enough taxes. That's just nuts!

Stay safe and warm Bud!

-Mike

If it was up to me I'd be getting the hell out of here very soon! Being stationed in California for 3 years ruined it for me. I hate cold weather and snow now. Texas and AZ are two places I'm considering moving one of these days.

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010

81X11 said:
G-Body_Vet said:

Well since I'm now totally of the G-body topic here are the pics of the 79 at my house. It's for sale too. $5000.00, it has 50K original miles and the big 6.6 403 Olds engine. Too many toys!
BensCars013.jpg

I've always liked these cars. Actually I'm a sucker for fender skirts. I had a '72 Caprice with them and loved that car.

In keeping with skirts, here's my '94 Deville that I currently have and my '83 Fleetwood that I really miss. I kick myself in the *ss for selling that car! If you can't tell, I like burgundy Cadillacs and whitewalls!

1994Deville008.jpg

0419071916a.jpg

81X11

Master Mechanic
Oct 28, 2010
Round Rock Texas

Pretty Caddys!

I still like the mid 90's Seville STS and Eldorado ETC models, but the Northstars scare me.

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010

81X11 said:
Pretty Caddys!

I still like the mid 90's Seville STS and Eldorado ETC models, but the Northstars scare me.

My '94 has the 4.9. I won't go near a Northstar either!

cdg1984

G-Body Guru
Oct 18, 2009
Evansville IN

81x11, is that an electra? I almost bought a white one a few years ago, they are really cool rides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor