Winter Projects 20/21

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Jenga/crib style? Those are really nice because everything is loaded, like for doing exhaust or body mounts.
crib syle, on two of them I put a few extra 2x4 to fill up the center two layers from the top so I can sit an axle stand in it if I need to remove rear tires

Reactions: 1 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
finished up building the cribs.....$100 of 2/4's (which are actually 1.5"x3.5") get the wheels a foot off the ground..... :popcorn:

Reactions: 2 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Going through the electric fleet to see what all needs tires, brushes, pick ups. Gotta make sure the Jr. Mechanic & myself can run the winter race season with out any issues.

Olds G's

Greasemonkey
Apr 6, 2020
CT
Going to make some 2x4 stands for the GP to get it up so it's comfortable to work under it....should have made them before the covid cause the price for 2x4's have gone way up... :unsure:
I used what I could find around to raise my '88 Cadillac Brougham bit by bit until the Sunex tractor jacks underneath the behemoth. Raised it up so the frame rails were 3 feet. This way I was very comfortable and very safe. I think those stands were made from schedule 80. Believe it or not I got them from Walmart.
Jack Stands.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: 4 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I used what I could find around to raise my '88 Cadillac Brougham bit by bit until the Sunex tractor jacks underneath the behemoth. Raised it up so the frame rails were 3 feet. This way I was very comfortable and very safe. I think those stands were made from schedule 80. Believe it or not I got them from Walmart. View attachment 162572

that is nice and high but that is too high for me. I put my transmission in by what's left of my brute force and the other issue is to jack the car up high enough to get those axle stands under the car. One other reason for making them is next weekend we'll be replacing the parking brake cable on my son's Ford Focus ST. They have a plastic cover on driver's and another on the passenger side, then the sheild that covers the whole bottom of the car has to be removed and then the cables can be replaced. The Focus is a terrible car to try to use axle stands so we'll use a cradle under each front tire and another with an axle stand at the middle of the rear suspension cause the rear wheels need to be removed to access the parking brake cable

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
I was just asking because I have some 4.3 camshafts by comp cams but they are flat tappet first GEN and they won’t work in your engine
I appreciate the thought, but plan on making this a heavy patina'd daily, and really want to keep the mixture kinda simple... headers on the other hand....
1606094804071.png

Reactions: 4 users

UC645

Royal Smart Person
Apr 20, 2020
Kittanning, Pa
First for me is finishing the frame notch and possibly refinishing the wheel wells while I’m at it, the coating is hard and brittle and has seemed to flake off after I hit it with the pressure washer.
Then I’ve got to figure out which of the 3 sets of fenders I’m going to fix with metal from the other 2. The pair I got with the car and the ones I just bought both look like someone dragged them around by the header panel or just straight up tried to rip the panel off with brute force. I don’t know how people do these things.

Nov 4, 2012
Personally I'd like to finish my projects from the winter of 19/20. Or at least get started on them...

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor