Wiper Washer Motor Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dadio

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 16, 2017
I got the stock wiper motor and washer pump working but I don't know what I did to make it work. I took the wiper motor off my sons 1980 Pontiac sedan and swapped it with my motor. I kept the washer pump portion and just swapped the motors. The wiper motor I put in my wagon was from the sedan. It had a cracked plastic cam but I used it anyway. Your right about that washer pump part being a pain to get working. What a crazy design. I lubed the hell out of it and I can only guess I must have positioned it right to get it to start working again. Anyway the wiper motor works and the washer pump works too when I push the button in. I put my wiper motor on his sedan and it worked too. Go figure. Just dumb luck.

Attachments

• IMG_3397.JPG
    IMG_3397.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 218
  • IMG_3395.JPG
    IMG_3395.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 208
  • IMG_3399.JPG
    IMG_3399.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 185
Reactions: 1 users

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
The washer pump has to be timed to the wiper motor or else it will clunk

Bonnewagon

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Just dumb luck.
Sometimes that's the only luck I have. A real GM service manual explains the wipers but I guarantee reading it will give you a headache.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor