Working on the wagon..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Thanks for sharing the pics, Ed.
The car looks sweet. I like the look of the S10 wheels with the center sections painted body color.
Does he plan to lower the car any? I know he replaced all of the front end components, etc...or is he satisfied with the way the car sits? I suppose the springs still need to settle.

Looks like he added a 3rd brake light in the tailgate and an El Camino airdam up front. Is he also running a class 2 hitch?

Last edited:

Hunter Urban

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 4, 2015
Clayton, North Carolina
I love the wagon!!

Reactions: 1 user

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl

Hunter Urban

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 4, 2015
Clayton, North Carolina
Well, mine is a 78 Malibu Wagon with the 305 2 Barrel. Hopefully a 350 soon. Bags in the back. Pretty standard. Gnx suspension mixed w/ some Hotchkis suspension. Autocrossed it a couple times at 15. Hopefully I can keep the G Body name alive!
WORK IN PROGRESS
If there is anything anyone would like to know, Pm me!
https://gbodyforum.com/media/albums/hunters-wagon.79/

Attachments

• IMG_2067.JPG
    IMG_2067.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 229

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Looks like a cool ride, Hunter.
Welcome to our group. It's nice to see another new wagon guy join us.
Thanks for sharing the pics.

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
MVC-615S.JPG
MVC-616S.JPG
Well, I finally got around to doing the long awaited Blazer brake swap. Man...what a difference. My only regret is that I haven't done it sooner. It's been on the "to-do" list. I also added the Russell braided steel hoses.
I also replaced the power brake booster. I did that before the spindle/ brake swap.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Jack, how dramatic is the difference in performance seat-of-the-pants wise? Looks awesome. Nice work.

• Agree

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Looks good Jack...that should help a bunch in the stopping department!
Kevin,
I think it will be a dramatic difference. I've only driven it around my neighborhood. I'm trying to gradually break in the new pads...no sudden braking or panic stops.

Last edited:

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Jack, how dramatic is the difference in performance seat-of-the-pants wise? Looks awesome. Nice work.
Jared,
It's really kinda hard to tell at this point. The pedal feel is nice and firm, kind of like a new car.
So far it has nice positive stopping power. I haven't driven it fast, only about 35 mph thru the neighborhood, nor have I done any hard braking. So far I like what I feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor