Working on the wagon..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Check with Timo22 - he had some Jeep Grand Cherokee wheels he refurbished that looked almost a good.
Thanks Quinn,
I've seen the Jeep Cherokee wheels. They don't look bad. They have a similar brushed spoke look, but don't have the cutaways like the original type wheel has....and they don't have the same price tag, either.

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
11702775_1078811652146993_715753029438279887_n.jpg
No problem. horn button and hub are repro pieces. Steering wheel is an original 60's vintage piece from a corvette. it was an extra that my dad picked up while he was building his 67 Camaro. he found one nicer so he kept that one. this one is in pretty nice shape and is perfect since I drive the car quite a bit. this is how the interior looks now. cleaned up and some slight tweeks
Only thing left to do is replace the radio cage so I can mount the trim ring for the radio. I have both. just need to be motivated. :rofl:
The interior is looking real good. The breadbox with the added gauges is a nice touch. You gotta be careful with those speakers in the corners . The wheel is a good score. The one I had came out of a Buick Apollo. I could've easily bought the Chevy horn button kit for it. The color was wrong, and I suppose I could've put a burgundy leather steering wheel cover on it.

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Sorry I have been away for a few days. Quinn, I am in no rush for the glass, I have repaired those frames before, kinda of a pain but not a biggie. Here in PA rear defrost is essential IMO. I haven't been through NM in a long time. I can't imagine what shipping would be for glass? Can't be too much more than the bumper I got from Blake.

81msw79

Master Mechanic
May 5, 2013
roselle park , nj
The interior is looking real good. The breadbox with the added gauges is a nice touch. You gotta be careful with those speakers in the corners . The wheel is a good score. The one I had came out of a Buick Apollo. I could've easily bought the Chevy horn button kit for it. The color was wrong, and I suppose I could've put a burgundy leather steering wheel cover on it.

Yeah, I like the way the interior came together. the speaker location is ok since its an automatic . I did not want to mess u the door panels.the whole interior is pretty clean over all.if it was a manual car those speaker pods would never work.

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Hi Blake,
The only new updates I have to report is that I have installed a new a/c system and replaced the heater core while I was in there. I also reinstalled my trans cooler. I made a few simple brackets to suspend the cooler away from the new condenser core...also replaced the cooler hoses...and heater hoses as well.
The a/c works fine, only have to figure out why the it's only blowing from the defrost vents and lower vents and not from the forward vents.. I suspect it's either the vacuum connection from the control unit to the blend door vacuum pod/ servo. Jim suggested it could be that the foam seal around the duct isn't sealing properly. I'll most likely have to open up the dash again to diagnose the problem.

Reactions: 1 user

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Thanks Blake,
I'm also hoping to remedy the problem without having to drastically take things apart and removing the dash...I would dread having to do that.

Could it possibly be the control unit? I know that vacuum goes thru the unit, and I suppose if it doesn't seal properly within the control, I might be losing vacuum that way....or one of the colored vacuum lines could be broken. Looking underneath, I noticed that it has two vacuum servos as opposed to one in the Malibu duct work. Of course, I replaced the duct work with the Pontiac ducts.
I guess I can try pulling vacuum from each unit using my vacuum pump/ brake bleeder and back track from there.

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I think I found a cool addition to dress up my engine. A pair of Corvette LT1 valve covers.

Attachments

• 01414_lfNIc03w2pb_600x450.jpg
    01414_lfNIc03w2pb_600x450.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 266
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor