Working on the wagon..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Jared,
It's really kinda hard to tell at this point. The pedal feel is nice and firm, kind of like a new car.
So far it has nice positive stopping power. I haven't driven it fast, only about 35 mph thru the neighborhood, nor have I done any hard braking. So far I like what I feel.
Sounds good. Get back to us when you have them bedded in and you've had longer to form an opinion.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Sounds good. Get back to us when you have them bedded in and you've had longer to form an opinion.
Yes sir, I certainly will. How far along are you with your GP?

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Yes sir, I certainly will. How far along are you with your GP?
My build thread is pretty up to date unfortunately. The car is in a metal storage building so in late May it got too hot for me to want to be over there. Dad's garage is air conditioned so it was an easy choice to spend the summer doing body work on his Galaxie. Besides that, Dad is 66 so it's past time to get his car finished. We replaced the driver's rocker, and welded in patch panels in front of and behind the rear wheel. Dad and my brother have been doing the finishing touches on the filler work. I'm just the welder. I had hoped to get over and work on my car weeknights this fall but I developed a health issue around labor day so I haven't had much energy to do anything much more than take care of my job. I go in for surgery in a week so it will probably be next year before I'm really back to being myself. I have 90%+ of the parts to put my car back together but helping dad finish his car is more important to me. I should have plenty of time to put my car back together later on. In the meantime I am always on the hunt for parts I want/need/am missing.

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Glad you finally got it done Jack.

Reactions: 1 user

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
My build thread is pretty up to date unfortunately. The car is in a metal storage building so in late May it got too hot for me to want to be over there. Dad's garage is air conditioned so it was an easy choice to spend the summer doing body work on his Galaxie. Besides that, Dad is 66 so it's past time to get his car finished. We replaced the driver's rocker, and welded in patch panels in front of and behind the rear wheel. Dad and my brother have been doing the finishing touches on the filler work. I'm just the welder. I had hoped to get over and work on my car weeknights this fall but I developed a health issue around labor day so I haven't had much energy to do anything much more than take care of my job. I go in for surgery in a week so it will probably be next year before I'm really back to being myself. I have 90%+ of the parts to put my car back together but helping dad finish his car is more important to me. I should have plenty of time to put my car back together later on. In the meantime I am always on the hunt for parts I want/need/am missing.
Jared,
I'm sorry to hear that you've been faced with health issues. I hope it's nothing too serious, and can easily be corrected . Dad isn't such an old geezer...he's my age, believe it or not.
At any rate, I hope you're able to get back to work on your own project. Perhaps your dad and brother can help you like you've helped them all along.
I hope your surgery goes well. Keep us informed. We'll keep you in our thoughts for a speedy and thorough recovery.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Glad you finally got it done Jack.
Thanks Jim. My next puzzle is going to be the 200-4R. That's also been waiting in the wings for more years than I can recall. After that, it'll be changing the gears to 3.42's.

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Thanks Jim. My next puzzle is going to be the 200-4R. That's also been waiting in the wings for more years than I can recall. After that, it'll be changing the gears to 3.42's.
It'll be like a different car.

• Agree

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
It'll be like a different car.
That's for sure. The overdrive will make a big difference cruising on the interstate. It will drop the RPM several hundred. It'll cruise at 80 mph now, but at over 3000 rpm.

EdontheBeach

Master Mechanic
Feb 29, 2012
Indian Rocks Beach, FL
Hey Ed,
Where ya been? Any new developments on Cutlass Cruiser?

I have a new video to upload, but it get a note that i have 'insufficient privileges to post'...on my own thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor